Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Another missed opportunity from the AFL with Hawks v Pies.

All our games going back to start of 2021 have been exciting to watch. We’ve either got the upset by 3-5 goals as the underdogs or just fallen short by less than a goal.

Two teams that like to play fast, exciting brands of footy, and add in the Ginnivan factor with it being his first time in front of Pies fans at the MCG since leaving and this has all the ingredients to be a game worth playing in prime time.

Hopefully we can get 80k to show up.
Cats v Dogs @ GMHBA and Power v Tigers @ AO are the two matches that beat this out for a 7:30pm start. :straining:

We have Pies (especially with the Ginni playing his first game in Vic against the Pies) , Cats and Blues and end up with Richmond as our only 7 game 🤣

Not to mention we fly back from WA on a 6 day break.

It’s almost as if the AFL FIXture is borderline cheating.

Oh wait.

Yes, that 50-60 minute drive to Geelong will be so taxing on professional athletes after a 3 hour flight almost a week before. People's desperation to find conspiracy theories is getting worrisome.

Yes, that 50-60 minute drive to Geelong will be so taxing on professional athletes after a 3 hour flight almost a week before. People's desperation to find conspiracy theories is getting worrisome.
If you can’t see the FIXture rort that happens year in year out, then I have no inclination to explain it to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it remotely possible to get tickets to Kardinia park as an away team supporter?
I believe it is now, with all the expansions at Pork Barrel stadium.

Last two times I went, hawks miraculous underdog win each time.

Very long time ago tho. Before any current improvements.

I remember noting that if it were an English FA team ground, it would have been given a match ban and several improvement orders

If you can’t see the FIXture rort that happens year in year out, then I have no inclination to explain it to you.

Yes, I see what you did by emphasising those letters. Very clever. People have been saying the fixture is out to get us when we were in the middle of making 4 grand finals in a row. It’s honestly embarrassing. Between the ‘they’re out to get us!!’ stuff and the Geelong are the deep state paranoia some folk here must give oppo supporters some amazing laughs.

Yes, I see what you did by emphasising those letters. Very clever. People have been saying the fixture is out to get us when we were in the middle of making 4 grand finals in a row. It’s honestly embarrassing. Between the ‘they’re out to get us!!’ stuff and the Geelong are the deep state paranoia some folk here must give oppo supporters some amazing laughs.

Scheduling games against the other top 8 teams in the first seven weeks of a season? I don’t think that’s ever been done before or since.
I think we finished 6-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back