Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sunday arvo (Early/2PM) should be prime. I loved that timeslot growing up. Massive games.

Now Sunday is just trash. Treat it like trash and trash is what you will receive

Yes, I see what you did by emphasising those letters. Very clever. People have been saying the fixture is out to get us when we were in the middle of making 4 grand finals in a row. It’s honestly embarrassing. Between the ‘they’re out to get us!!’ stuff and the Geelong are the deep state paranoia some folk here must give oppo supporters some amazing laughs.
But didn't we get tough fixtures every year after winning the flags, and other teams win flags and copped nowhere near the same difficulty afterwards?

But didn't we get tough fixtures every year after winning the flags, and other teams win flags and copped nowhere near the same difficulty afterwards?

If you read this forum after the fixture gets released each year I get why you’d think that. This year the Lions got the most difficult ranked draw and Collingwood the fourth most difficult - so it’s not as if the grand finalists got gifted a dream run. In 2023 it was the same, Sydney got the ranked hardest draw, Geelong the 4th most hardest. 2022, Demons ranked the hardest, Bulldogs 3rd hardest. This is based on the Foxsports assessment on fixture announcements - I’m sure other metrics are out there.

Last edited:
I think Sunday arvo (Early/2PM) should be prime. I loved that timeslot growing up. Massive games.

Now Sunday is just trash. Treat it like trash and trash is what you will receive
I think both Hawthorn and Carlton like that game as the early Sunday game. Got big crowds the last couple of years and then it is back on again this year

No surprises. We are not expected to be challenging for finals and we have been given the low rating Sunday afternoon TV slots with Dwayne Russell.
More like Kelli Underwood....

0ui-g9.gif

Only one FTA match in the new fixture...

Not complaining, after watching 4k footy on Kayo then having to watch Channel 7 broadcasts at 1080i, I'll settle for that sweet sweet pixel count.

Sadly I'm regional at the moment so Sunday games really aren't logistically achievable for me at present.

Sunday's are a nightmare. 15-20% surcharge on Sundays makes a pub session out of my reach.

I envy Friday/Saturday games now, but at least i can save some money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sundays are a family-friendly fixture, given it's free entry for kids.

So there's that as a positive :D

Occasionally, one feels like turning to them and saying "What's it like being a meme?"

I used to go to Lions games with a bloke who we would all try and avoid sitting next to because he was the guy who yelled ‘BALLLLLL!’ if an opposition player got a hand laid on them.

I remember sitting in front of a group of fans. I never saw thir faces but they all had a thing they said over and over at intervals

‘ get it outta there, saints’
‘ god sake kick it lonng’

Etc etc same voice same comment,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back