Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to a weaker forwardline. Only 1 round 0 premium (Gawn). Strong backline, maybe too strong? Although im happy with my midfield and rucks. Forwardline is just makeshift and given best 18s in the first quarter of the season i think its okay to go with that little depth in any given position.

Not convinced by Fyfe at all but if he can avoid the sub vest for 5-6 games and have stints in the midfield he should go at 75+. Im not expecting the world from him, just hoping for a solid 125k jump up and i can get rid of him.

What i like about this team is that i have the genuine guns
(Sicily, Stewart)
(Bont, Butters, LDU)
(Gawn, Marshall)
(Jackson)

but also 'keepers' that i think have upside
(Young, NWM)
(Newcombe, Steele)

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.14.11 am.png

Back to a weaker forwardline. Only 1 round 0 premium (Gawn). Strong backline, maybe too strong? Although im happy with my midfield and rucks. Forwardline is just makeshift and given best 18s in the first quarter of the season i think its okay to go with that little depth in any given position.

Not convinced by Fyfe at all but if he can avoid the sub vest for 5-6 games and have stints in the midfield he should go at 75+. Im not expecting the world from him, just hoping for a solid 125k jump up and i can get rid of him.

What i like about this team is that i have the genuine guns
(Sicily, Stewart)
(Bont, Butters, LDU)
(Gawn, Marshall)
(Jackson)

but also 'keepers' that i think have upside
(Young, NWM)
(Newcombe, Steele)

View attachment 1905629
Ok fine I’ll bite. How is Jackson a genuine gun? I know we aren’t throwing that term around for players who haven’t averaged 100 before…

Ok fine I’ll bite. How is Jackson a genuine gun? I know we aren’t throwing that term around for players who haven’t averaged 100 before…
Okay, it was relative to the strength of his position. I think he is a top 5 forward so gun. I can change that to keeper with potential upside though, doesnt really matter.

So not worried about Reid's tank then?

I keep considering him, and no doubt he'll have some spike games, but then I remember JHF's debut season.
He's in 74% of teams. And there aren't many alternatives anyway in the forward line.

Suspect he's low TOG, and managed like Ginbey last year. Be still an easy pick for mine.

Why manage Reid? West Coast are a bottom team riddled with injuries. Pump games into the campaigner. He'll be fine.
Im pretty sure Simpson has said he won't play every game.
The one knock on him in under 18s was he needs to work on his tank. This could lead to low time on ground. He will be a close watch in the preseason games

Current team, 26.6k itb

Moore with glandular and Macrae's hamstring sounding worse than expected means I'm finally leaning into the one premo forwardline, the most recent news on Lazzaro and F Mac makes me think it might actually just be viable.

Houston in for Sicily, combo of recent news on Blanck and freeing up some cash. Could also be Sheezel who I'm still not fully convinced isn't a risk of being sent forward but I'm more open to as an option.

Parish could be Brayshaw who I think is less risky (and better bye), but I'm starting to buy into the Parish hype for this season, might regain some of the high ceiling he had in 2021 and his floor last year was pretty good.

Donut at R3, as it stands I don't feel there's going to be a playing R3 worth starting, if Conway is a legit option I'll have to find the cash.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 130005.png

Current team, 26.6k itb

Moore with glandular and Macrae's hamstring sounding worse than expected means I'm finally leaning into the one premo forwardline, the most recent news on Lazzaro and F Mac makes me think it might actually just be viable.

Houston in for Sicily, combo of recent news on Blanck and freeing up some cash. Could also be Sheezel who I'm still not fully convinced isn't a risk of being sent forward but I'm more open to as an option.

Parish could be Brayshaw who I think is less risky (and better bye), but I'm starting to buy into the Parish hype for this season, might regain some of the high ceiling he had in 2021 and his floor last year was pretty good.

Donut at R3, as it stands I don't feel there's going to be a playing R3 worth starting, if Conway is a legit option I'll have to find the cash.

View attachment 1905681
Awfully similar to my team. I still have Fyfe atm but I think that structure is the way to go

So not worried about Reid's tank then?

I keep considering him, and no doubt he'll have some spike games, but then I remember JHF's debut season.
Couple of comments Maybe Tomorrow .....having watched Zach Reid at a couple of training sessions, he is an impressive athlete at 207cm IIRC

BUT .....he is still undersized, he will attempt to be a lockdown DEF .....and IMO will have similar low scoring potential to Toby Pink

Re Curtin .....as a super athletic tall ....we have to remember, his 80's scoring last year in juniors, was as a MID .....he'll play DEF, and IMO, as with most def rookies ...will simply be negating his opponent ....not worth the $$$

Worrell, Michallaney, and Hinge will be gathering all the points ......Curtin isn't a lock for a R1 spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of comments Maybe Tomorrow .....having watched Zach Reid at a couple of training sessions, he is an impressive athlete at 207cm IIRC

BUT .....he is still undersized, he will attempt to be a lockdown DEF .....and IMO will have similar low scoring potential to Toby Pink

Re Curtin .....as a super athletic tall ....we have to remember, his 80's scoring last year in juniors, was as a MID .....he'll play DEF, and IMO, as with most def rookies ...will simply be negating his opponent ....not worth the $$$

Worrell, Michallaney, and Hinge will be gathering all the points ......Curtin isn't a lock for a R1 spot
I assumed he was talking about Harley Reid.

Confused The Point GIF by Travis

If he gets enough ToG to score 75-80, its a no-brainer.

Its just the managed minutes talk that has me second guessing it.
i would say I'm 90% sure I'm taking him just because his ownership is so high.
Chasing pods is a trap. Unfortunately most folks completely ruin a sc year working this out.
Safety in numbers

i would say I'm 90% sure I'm taking him just because his ownership is so high.
Chasing pods is a trap. Unfortunately most folks completely ruin a sc year working this out.
Safety in numbers
60% of people had JHF in his debut year. About 50% of people had Yeo last year. Its always worth challenging the consensus.

60% of people had JHF in his debut year. About 50% of people had Yeo last year. Its always worth challenging the consensus.
Once perhaps twice in a team.
A team full of pods never works.
I don't remember exactly but did the winner have jhf in his debut year? I bet they did.

Once perhaps twice in a team.
A team full of pods never works.
I don't remember exactly but did the winner have jhf in his debut year? I bet they did.
Yep, totally, I'm just saying that I don't think high ownership alone makes for a good pick justification.

If Reid averages 75 he's a worthwhile pick.

If he averages 65 he's not really worthwhile. In which case, the high ownership ameliorates the impact of the bad pick, but it doesn't make it a good pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back