Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I've done it, at last. Finally found a way to get the Red Bull in. Get around me.

1708937209051.png

Jimmy Fallon Singing GIF by NBC
lord of the rings laughing GIF
homer simpson barney GIF
GIF by RichmondFC

Thanks mate. Anyone in particular you are considering instead? Fyfe’s body worries me, but due to a lack of better options…
I've got Billings at F2.

But I came about 14 millionth last year so probably best if you do the opposite of whatever I do :oops:

Made a couple of changes and will take this into this week, but it's getting close.

DEF: Brought Naicos, Clark, and Bowes in. Clark gonna be the main beneficiary of Young's move to the middle, Bowes could get Guthrie's mid spot, and Naicos is Naicos.

MID: Really like this line, four legit C/VC options and a couple of pods. I've put Aish there as he's also making a move to defence and he worked very well with Clark as a tandem in the praccy so if they keep that up, they could share a lot of cheap points, and an easy slide with DPP. No bye players here.

RUC; Self explanitory, but have been mulling putting RoMa in.

FWD; Headache inducing. Only place in doubt is Fin but the rest I'm semi confident on.

week2.JPG

Made a couple of changes and will take this into this week, but it's getting close.

DEF: Brought Naicos, Clark, and Bowes in. Clark gonna be the main beneficiary of Young's move to the middle, Bowes could get Guthrie's mid spot, and Naicos is Naicos.

MID: Really like this line, four legit C/VC options and a couple of pods. I've put Aish there as he's also making a move to defence and he worked very well with Clark as a tandem in the praccy so if they keep that up, they could share a lot of cheap points, and an easy slide with DPP. No bye players here.

FWD; Headache inducing. Only place in doubt is Fin but the rest I'm semi confident on.

View attachment 1914043
It’s refreshing to see a different team - kudos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1914043

Sack Aish and upgrade Bowes...or Fisher...

Why no Budarick or Miller?
Early bye. Not sure they score enough. Not convinced Budarick is actually any good, but I guess that doesn't mean he can't be a good SC pick.

I doubt I stick with Rowell either. I think he improves this year but the Sun's in general are a wait and see.

Thoughts?

81c32523c027c050918ffa00a2600d72.jpg
Not bad, Choo.

Guthrie is injured (severity yet to be determined).

You’ve also loaded up on RD 0 players in Whitfield, Budarick, Naics, Errol, Gawndy, Flanders and Baker - plus Jordon and Zilliams. Each of those players has one less score over the entire season, which is just one of many variables to consider.

We’re entering uncharted waters with this whole round zero sitch.

Love the Errol pick - if not for his stinky bye he’d be in like Flynn ;)

Thoughts?

81c32523c027c050918ffa00a2600d72.jpg
Taking a bunch of risks here which I like. Things to consider:

Potentially leaving yourself a little short in DEF - banking on quite a few of Stewart, Sicily, Sinclair, Ryan, Houston, etc. having a regression to leave Ridley and Whitfield in top 6. Maybe pick one to be the "breakout" and swap the other one to a surer thing (e.g. Stewart/Sicily).

MIDs are probably light as well, which means you'll be playing catch up on those that went Guns n Rookies. Guthrie is also out for quite a while it seems.

Lastly, 17 of your squad of 30 are Rd 0 players (12 on field), which means you'll be missing a bunch of players every week during the early byes. All of those things may leave you behind the 8-ball coming out of Rd 6 with little opportunity to catch up.

Still toying with R2 & M3.

Not convinced on Bailey but he has breakout formlines.

Campbell is my POD. People forget he's always been rated higher than Gulden. His role just hasn't been as SC friendly. View attachment 1914280
I like Campbell as a player, but just can't see him being someone to average 90+ in his current role. I would take him out, personally.

Version 2 - replaced Young with Z Williams in defence and upgraded one of my higher priced rookies to Serong in the mids. I love the look of my midfield now and defence doesn't look much weaker without Young. Do you guys expect similar score output from Young and Serong but Young being $100k cheaper?

1708988211955.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back