List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In Perth they’re banging on about Harley Reid. He’s going to be a star but they will have pain once their older players retire/delisted in a year or 2. I think I’m happier to have Duursma, Hardeman, Goad and Will Dawson our our list than Reid which in essence they rejected from us as an offer last year in picks. Reid will command $1.5 to $2m a year from them in a year or 2 and then they’re ****ed. At least we have 4 players who could be anything in 2-3 years.

He’ll be on $400k, but with 6 x Hungry Jacks franchises and a couple of brewery’s down south.

All legit of course.

He’ll be on $400k, but with 6 x Hungry Jacks franchises and a couple of brewery’s down south.

All legit of course.
West coast haven't bottomed out yet.
They have a core of good older players.
Very different list build to ours.
When Yeo, McGovern and co are gone they are in trouble
There form this year is a dead cat bounce I suspect. Those guys won't stay on the park. images (1).jpeg

Still think we go after Jarrod berry as a free agent on a long term deal

Younger than wines so would cost a bit more

West coast haven't bottomed out yet.
They have a core of good older players.
Very different list build to ours.
When Yeo, McGovern and co are gone they are in trouble
There form this year is a dead cat bounce I suspect. Those guys won't stay on the park.

Bingo spot on, they haven't bottomed out, no where near.

Our approach is more painful but we are getting a batch of top picks in a roll, that's how hawthorn built their list.

Our trading have been good in that we brought in decent midtier players. We are just waiting for the top picks to mature.

We do need a richie vandenberg type player to hold the fort for the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the Battle obsession. The backline pieces are already on the list. Logue + Chom is an elite KPD combination. Between Corr, Dawson x2, LMac, Pink and Biggie we have the 3rd tall and medium tall + depth covered. Hardeman / Archer / Bergman / Fisher on the smalls.

The backline will start looking better once the midfield starts limiting the endless supply of inside 50s.

Our focus should be a tall forward who can take a contested mark, a crumbing / pressuring small forward and a bigger body in the midfield.

Not that the bloke needs a tug but over two years ago TAO made a post on here about rebuilds and how 50% of our players (back then) won't even be on our list by the time we start competing again. It was a logical guess considering how deep we cut, and backed by past examples.

I remember ppl laughed at the post. But i get that, it's easy to forget the churn required and instead imagine it's all going to work out on the first or second attempt. Soooooo much has to go right when you take a team that far back and the process extends if you make the wrong decisions.

It's a sad moment when that realisation hits, that we're going to churn through a lot of favourite players until we find the team that's going to make it.

I still don't think many ppl realise how lucky we are to have gotten Clarko and Viney to do it. Experienced ppl who are less likely to fk it up. I only wish they came earlier.

I don't get the Battle obsession. The backline pieces are already on the list. Logue + Chom is an elite KPD combination. Between Corr, Dawson x2, LMac, Pink and Biggie we have the 3rd tall and medium tall + depth covered. Hardeman / Archer / Bergman / Fisher on the smalls.

The backline will start looking better once the midfield starts limiting the endless supply of inside 50s.

Our focus should be a tall forward who can take a contested mark, a crumbing / pressuring small forward and a bigger body in the midfield.
This is about 6 weeks old so some will have signed.
Show me this mythical kpf you think Is a better fit than battle who played kpf on the weekend.
Our defence is trash. Getting a bloke in who can swing forward when will Dawson comes of age is the best we can do.
We can't really trade for a Kpf we would be crazy to split pick 1. It's fa or prolong our rebuild another 2-3 years waiting for a second round draftee to grow up.

Not that the bloke needs a tug but over two years ago TAO made a post on here about rebuilds and how 50% of our players (back then) won't even be on our list by the time we start competing again. It was a logical guess considering how deep we cut, and backed by past examples.

I remember ppl laughed at the post. But i get that, it's easy to forget the churn required and instead imagine it's all going to work out on the first or second attempt. Soooooo much has to go right when you take a team that far back and the process extends if you make the wrong decisions.

It's a sad moment when that realisation hits, that we're going to churn through a lot of favourite players until we find the team that's going to make it.

I still don't think many ppl realise how lucky we are to have gotten Clarko and Viney to do it. Experienced ppl who are less likely to fk it up. I only wish they came earlier.
The great man would dispute your first line.

Another ruck on the outer due to Goldy? Hale, McIntosh, nearly lost X at North. Bombers may lose Bryan.

View attachment 1989410

we should absolutely be targeting Bryan from Essendon and/or Moyle from GC, having competition for Xerri while Goad develops will only make us stronger. Moyle and Bryan offer points of difference and could get the number 1 a fair shake.

we should absolutely be targeting Bryan from Essendon and/or Moyle from GC, having competition for Xerri while Goad develops will only make us stronger. Moyle and Bryan offer points of difference and could get the number 1 a fair shake.
That's what maley and free are supposed to be doing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back