List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is and so is the Phillips choice, Mahony choice, the ******* Will Walker choice.

Add in Declan ******* Watsons, let's not forget that decision.

So now we need to find replacements for Stephenson, Tucker, CCJ, TT & Pink.

And I'm not sure having pick 2 in the draft will assist us any.
So what do we do in your opinion.

So what do we do in your opinion.

Cry and then regroup. lol

Drop any player who isn't up for the challenge. It doesn't matter as we aren't winning anyways.

Hope and pray that Comben can survive although the odds of that happening would seem to be as good as a ball-turret gunner surviving 25 raids over German occupied territory during WW2.
I am mad for WW2 doco's and those mainly kids I can't even begin to imagine that life.
Then see if the Saints would consider delisiting Tom Soup Campbell, he'd walk into our side.

At seasons end put all of our draft picks on the table. Then get the best suited FA's we can. Overpay if need be.

Is Marc trying to argue that it was a mistake picking Duursma over Curtin? Or that Curtin would've made any difference in the game against Carlton?

Such a rambling article with no actual point.
McGowan has turned into a giant * wit.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Losing Goater and CCJ to Achilles injuries is a straight loss to put list. We can't trade them, we can't play them. We’re so unlucky.
Both on the LTI list so we can pick up 2 players at the MSD, we just have to be smart about who we select, which isn’t our strong point.

Is Marc trying to argue that it was a mistake picking Duursma over Curtin? Or that Curtin would've made any difference in the game against Carlton?

McGowan has turned into a giant * wit.

indeed, just media self-referencing - question at presser: do you regret not taking Curtin? answer - no.

Follow on article - 'clarkson defends list management'

round and round the mulberry bush

Went to Arden st yesterday to watch a game for first time in years. I think we are doing alright on tall stocks after that. Dawson and Biggie impressive. Comben a level above and Maley full of potential. They won it for us. All looked more than capable of stepping up.
Will Phillips on the other hand looked disinterested and demotivated. Maybe it’s media transfer speculation and/or not getting a firsts game. Maybe he’s playing under the weather but if not a real worry in his development

I’m all for putting up our first and see what clubs are prepared to pay for it. If nothing of note then take it to the draft and take best available.

I’d also put some decent coin in front of some young fringe talls to see what we can bring in eg:
Mac Andrew
Leek Aleer
Jed Busslinger

Marc McGowan is going all Damo light, last week he was banging on about not taking McDonald over Phillips, this week it’s why didn’t we take Curtin instead of Duursma. What a stupid stance to take Curtin hasn’t even played a game there’s absolutely nothing to compare Duursma to and even if there were who gives a sh*t we took the best kid available. End of story.

I’m all for putting up our first and see what clubs are prepared to pay for it. If nothing of note then take it to the draft and take best available.

I’d also put some decent coin in front of some young fringe talls to see what we can bring in eg:
Mac Andrew
Leek Aleer
Jed Busslinger
We’re still feeling the effects of when we traded out our first round pick and missed taking Caleb Serong. We are so far off trading out our first round pick, take the best kid available. Look at how Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and to a lesser extent Duursma are tracking, we’ll have another high pick we must take it to the draft.

Totally agree on the second point.

We’re still feeling the effects of when we traded out our first round pick and missed taking Caleb Serong. We are so far off trading out our first round pick, take the best kid available. Look at how Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and to a lesser extent Duursma are tracking, we’ll have another high pick we must take it to the draft.

Totally agree on the second point.

I agree, if nothing comparable falls out then take it to the draft as I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc McGowan is going all Damo light, last week he was banging on about not taking McDonald over Phillips, this week it’s why didn’t we take Curtin instead of Duursma. What a stupid stance to take Curtin hasn’t even played a game there’s absolutely nothing to compare Duursma to and even if there were who gives a sh*t we took the best kid available. End of story.
i for one am very happy will Will Dawson,Logue will come back this year and as long as chom stays healthy there is another one,reactive journalism as usual without digging deeper,my gripe about the list which still exists is a genuine crumbing pressure forward,also obvious we need a mid who is a big contested beast,unless we give Malley and Sellers a go the question of recruting a foil for Larkey remains,i have faith one of those two will fill the void

Yeah what a lot of crap. I still think we are tracking along alright. We are a lot closer to some success than quite a few teams. Our patients should be only one season old as of when Clarko took over. Its coming its a matter of when not if. We will be playing finals in 2026 i have no doubt what so ever

Aw hell nooo this is going to become one of those Should’ve picked McDonald over Phillips arguments isn’t it…
Okay and l bet the argument is if we did take Curtin it would’ve been …why did North not take Duursma to fix their fwd line….its a flawed argument that puts us in a no win situation and guarantees one thing…bs talk and conjecture to allow click bait stories and powderpuff filling in commentary talk back time….in other words…he’s guaranteed himself and other slack journos future articles over a non event…poor journalism..
Well l for one are glad we took Duursma with our pick…. End of story.

We literally took a key defender 14 picks later, so I'm sure what Damien McGowan is banging on about.

Could you imagine what Curnow and/or McKay would've done to Curtin? Pick him up, spin him around, and throw him into the third deck is what.

And the one that we picked is better suited for them, as an athletic, physical, 200+cm key back.

Curtin's value is as a decent key defender with good rebound attacking skills. Not as a lock down defender, although maybe he gets there.

In two years we really need Comben W Dawson Sellers/Malley to all have locked in positions on the field. But we will need more talls providing competition - I think we will need to pick up a further 6 talls over the next two years depending on how many we delist.

2xKF
2xKPD
2xRuck-Forward

Over the next two years -
Delisting two of Kalan Dawson / Corr / Biggie / Pink
Delisting two of Free / CCJ / Sellers / Malley

I think we’ll end up with four of those guys having locked in their positions and then six new guys putting pressure on from underneath. Four of these are likely to be fairly high draft picks

I guess if he really wants to respond with a knee jerk reaction. Play that Dawson kid who’s a first round defender…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back