List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Zurhaar uses his free agency this year & LDU requests a trade end of this season.
What would we realistically get for both and how could we leverage it to address the holes in our list?

If Zurhaar uses his free agency this year & LDU requests a trade end of this season.
What would we realistically get for both and how could we leverage it to address the holes in our list?
LDU: Top 5 pick OR a good young player or two firsts (similar to JHF).

Zurhaar: end of first OR (very long odds) first round pick.

Yes to Luke Parker AND Jarryd Lyons for experience. I'd throw an offer at Josh Battle too. Shiels will be gone end of year, I'd be willing to give Greenwood one more year as well, but if not definitely ask about sticking around In our VFL squad. I'd love to see us throw a big left field offer at Sam Darcy from WB. He's going to be a gun and with JUH and Naughton on huge coin we could really squeeze them. I know the odds are small of landing him but never know. Would prefer to retain Zurhaar too

LDU: Top 5 pick OR a good young player or two firsts (similar to JHF).

Zurhaar: end of first OR (very long odds) first round pick.
If we could some how use both departures to get a CHF & Defender
We could end up landing on our feet.

I like the look of our defense in 2-3 years time if we are still around.

Chom
Log
Dawson Jr
Dawson Sr
Goater
Archer
Bergman
Hardeman

Hell I could even find a roll for fisher in a defense with 5 other competent defenders.

Midfield-

Warlord
Sheezel (if he puts on 6-9kg)
Powell (if he puts on 6-9kg
McKercher

Our weakest group. We need a no.1 big bull and one or two more runners (preferably all above 6’2”)

Forwards-

Larkey
Duursma
Ford
Curtis
Harvey
George

The obvious hole is chf and a speedy small forward.

Rucks
X
Need depth, especially if Goad doesn’t come through.

Don’t think I missed anyone of note?
No one that will be on the list in 2-3 years anyhow.

A promising bunch with 3-4 massive holes to fill, and plenty off experience, endurance, strength and skill to gain for the lot of them.
LDU and whoever we get in the draft sorts the midfield out, likely Smillie at this stage. LDU we fight like theres no tomorrow to keep.
Moose looks promising as the second key forward but isn't ready yet, and we could certainly use another along with another ruck. Goad i wouldnt expect to be AFL ready until the 26 season.

LDU and whoever we get in the draft sorts the midfield out, likely Smillie at this stage. LDU we fight like theres no tomorrow to keep.
Moose looks promising as the second key forward but isn't ready yet, and we could certainly use another along with another ruck. Goad i wouldnt expect to be AFL ready until the 26 season.
There is no certainty with tall forwards until they have played 40-50+ games. It’s why you need layers of drafting them in case they don’t work out.

We have the thinnest, translucent veneer of layers when it comes to KPFs.

If we could some how use both departures to get a CHF & Defender
We could end up landing on our feet.
Theres just no way we can afford to lose LDU from our midfield.
The poor bugger cant even get half way through the second last season of his contract and speculation is out of control.

There is no certainty with tall forwards until they have played 40-50+ games. It’s why you need layers of drafting them in case they don’t work out.

We have the thinnest, translucent veneer of layers when it comes to KPFs.
No doubt building a greater stockpile of key forwards is required. Fortunately theres a couple at the pointy end of the mid season draft which will help.

However its interesting to see how games play out. Carltons talls looked unstoppable Vs Melbourne early. Then the Ds clamped down and starved them to death. Collingwood get by with out world beaters and Bulldogs have been totally blessed yet are very hit n miss.

and cheap ,would rather spend a mill a year on a quality 25 year old than Parker,we just need a moneyball type pick to play that hard edged inside mid for a few years until our younger mids develop, if you want a long term fix than Josh Smillie would not hurt

Tim Taranto

We desperately need to find some cheaper, more mature role players in that 21-25 year old bracket. Players who can run and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.

After watching the Peel game yesterday we should be looking at a Will Brodie type, big body who tackles and can win clearances. He’d practically come for nothing. If we want to pay up a bit more than Neil Erasmus would be another, he was utterly dominant yesterday and should be playing AFL footy. Both of them can’t crack the Freo midfield and are behind the likes of Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Johnson and O’Meara.

Josh Fahey and Max Gruzewski from GWS should also be on our radar, both are playing solid consistent footy for GWS reserves. Fahey is a hard running wingman who can really accumulate the footy.

Jaxon Binns for Carlton is a freakish runner but also finds stacks of the footy, has been racking it up at VFL level for 2 years now.

Ned Moyle/Caleb Graham/Connor Budarick would all be excellent additions to our depth and probably wouldn’t cost all that much. Moyle would put a lot of pressure on Xerri for the top ruck spot too.
Id take the #1 kid in the draft and use our other selections on mature aged guys ready to make an impact

No doubt building a greater stockpile of key forwards is required. Fortunately theres a couple at the pointy end of the mid season draft which will help.

However its interesting to see how games play out. Carltons talls looked unstoppable Vs Melbourne early. Then the Ds clamped down and starved them to death. Collingwood get by with out world beaters and Bulldogs have been totally blessed yet are very hit n miss.
They both have a tough uncompromising system that does not implode when the ball reaches half-forward. They are also lead by experienced veterans.

Comparing Blues/Pies with us in any terms is folly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Taranto
Caught a bit of radio chat about the Tigers today and they were wondering if guys like Taranto and Hopper and Lynch would stick around or would try to go to clubs who are contending. I figure that’s not us.

Good call

Don’t know why they’re playing omerea over Erasmus
Maybe they are blessed to be able to develop a young mid and allow him to play his natural game for 18 months whilst an old warhorse picks up the slack in the ones, sure beats our situation of playing two 19 years old in the pivot.
Random thought that is probably terrible, but hey that's what this place is for.

Bring in both Macrae brothers.

Fin a young in and under not getting game time, Jack cracking the shits with Bevo.

Finlay gets senior games and Jack comes over to play with his brother and make coin (and maybe teach a few of our mids how to find the pill)
I like it!!

All you guys are having wet dreams of who to being in and at what cost but I’m disappointed there’s been no mention of walking anyone to the PSD

Not a realistic method, only 2 players over the last 24 years, nick stevens and jack martins.

If we do that as a way of trading then we become a pariah team that no one will trade with. Only last resort when the other club is deliberately not playing ball or trying to tank the trade.

They both have a tough uncompromising system that does not implode when the ball reaches half-forward. They are also lead by experienced veterans.

Comparing Blues/Pies with us in any terms is folly.
And two of those teams Carlton and Melbourne sucked like us. It takes time. My point is top teams appear to perform perfectly fine with an optimal forward line if they get the rest right.

Not a realistic method, only 2 players over the last 24 years, nick stevens and jack martins.

If we do that as a way of trading then we become a pariah team that no one will trade with. Only last resort when the other club is deliberately not playing ball or trying to tank the trade.
It’s a long standing joke on this board.

Although, only Carlton has done it - twice - and they seem to have no trouble doing trades every year anyway.

This weekend, Collingwood played a delisted St Kilda player, a school teacher from the country and a 26 year old who played VFL for 7 years. They won by a million.

If I hear more bullshit that we have to give long contracts to spuds because "they're the only blokes who'll want to play for us" I will fair dinkum spew up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back