List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Im curious to know just how much can thinks he is worth?

But at the same time, maybe he is waiting for the season to play out to give us an accurate representation. Great guy cam. Saved us about 250-300k
It’s clearly not about the money with him

It’s about club direction

if that is the case it'd be nice if he actually put in a shift consistently and didn't hold the club hostage until he signs/doesn't sign. Personally I think he's off. Both his and LDU's attitude stinks. They've probably had enough.

This is just pipe dream stuff at the minute. There is no way we can attract players like McCluggage. Not until we can actually sell them something besides a bag full of money. We got lucky with Logue imo. He seems like a different breed of animal. Rare. All we are going to get is the Stephens, tucker, fisher types at the moment. That might change if by some miracle we rattle off 4/5 wins before the end of the season and show some ticker.

I don't want us to draft old footballers like Parker either. We can't afford to be used as a superannuation bump. A place where they come in, cash a cheque, play a few good games, shrug their shoulders and inevitably ride off into the sunset.

The players need to be vetted intensely so we can see who are the Logue, Higgins, Waite, Greenwood, Sam Gibson and Josh Walker types (workhorses that hate to lose. leaders). And then we can weed out the Stephens, Polec and Stephenson types that just coast.

LDU attitude stinks? Interesting 35 odd touches on the weekend, and if he just cleans up some of his kicks he would be move to the next level...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LDU attitude stinks? Interesting 35 odd touches on the weekend, and if he just cleans up some of his kicks he would be move to the next level...

Well there has been more than 1 game this season.

Im curious to know just how much cam thinks he is worth?

But at the same time, maybe he is waiting for the season to play out to give us an accurate representation. Great guy cam. Saved us about 250-300k
Im holding judgement on Zurhaar. Being a forward when out i50 time is so low must be tough. We're just getting smothered by forward presses atm.

You can improve technique.

But you’d be hard pressed to turn a tractor into a Ferrari.

Maybe.

But if you consider that 2.871 seconds was the fastest 20m sprint time at the 2023 draft and the rest of the top 10 were within 5% (10th being about 3.5% slower) of that, it's not wild to think that with the right coaching improving 5-10%, a guy could go from middle/low end of the pack to genuinely fast.

You know though, the whole standard of professionalism is so low you might be half a chance of doing that.

Any intel I've ever had on AFL clubs suggests the sheer ineptitude of head office is reflected in many other areas too. Both by clubs and individuals.

Why are you getting guys like Lazarro and McKay putting their own time into sprint coaching? Why isn't this standard?

There are so many unturned rocks in this sport that if you could sneak your way onto a list with a minimal level of talent, you could probably burn past half of them with a smart, disciplined plan.

AFL examples I'm aware of, some mentioned previously:

Players opting out of yoga because it was optional

Players studying S&C writing their own programs because the clubs' were so bad

Players laughing at novelty methods that coaches would pick up O/S and try to implement, only to die in the arse in a couple of weeks

It's pretty amateur hour even at the top from what little I've heard.

I watched a guy who was written off as a slow medium pacer go from 110kph to 135kph in the space of a year, working with a dedicated biomechanics coach (all the ankle stiffness, sequencing type stuff). Never ended up cracking the big leagues but that coach has worked with so many blokes who'd previously been written off as not having been born in with pace.

This is why we should go after McCluggage, he's a bull and loves a goal. he's 26 atm, is a Vic boy and while only 185cm can play taller if needed..He's also a Restricted free agent at the end of the year..Would be a perfect LDU replacement and if LDU stays would be a good foil for him as well..
He might love goals, but kicking them, i reckon he would be less than 50% accurate on a regular basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weekend, Collingwood played a delisted St Kilda player, a school teacher from the country and a 26 year old who played VFL for 7 years. They won by a million.

If I hear more bullshit that we have to give long contracts to spuds because "they're the only blokes who'll want to play for us" I will fair dinkum spew up.

There are plenty of players who are willing to player.

Marcus aurelius once said, do not be afraid of any breaking down of relationship.

Well there has been more than 1 game this season.

You are quite right, he is averaging just over 27 for the 9 games... on par with last year

Last edited:
Heard Hodgey on the way home on SEN and he made a hell of an argument of our club going after Ollie Wines from Port.

Wines is being squeezed of that midfield pllaying on other position yet, had a 33 possession game, one of the best on ground but when Rozee is fit again, off he goes to a wing or hf, bench where ever.

At 29yo, former captain, had to learn the hard way as a youngster on how to be professional, would he be worth luring to the club on a 4-5 year deal? If he wants to coach down the track, it's probably no better apprenticeship to guide a midfield and the club...Hodgey said make him captain day one...i'm not against that idea?

Heard Hodgey on the way home on SEN and he made a hell of an argument of our club going after Ollie Wines from Port.

Wines is being squeezed of that midfield pllaying on other position yet, had a 33 possession game, one of the best on ground but when Rozee is fit again, off he goes to a wing or hf, bench where ever.

At 29yo, former captain, had to learn the hard way as a youngster on how to be professional, would he be worth luring to the club on a 4-5 year deal? If he wants to coach down the track, it's probably no better apprenticeship to guide a midfield and the club...Hodgey said make him captain day one...i'm not against that idea?

Im not sure about captaincy but we do need 2 strong bodied mids at the centre square for 3 years.

Wines and Parker can be decent if we can get them for 2nd rounders and if we can get draft handout, they are free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back