List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t sound like his staying on Radio interviews and so fourth. But his played a big part in bringing Griff Logue over from WA and now going to depart?? Hope he sticks fat but honestly wont bother me if be leaves given it looks like his checked out!

Zurhaar is the last person we need to keep as he plays the finisher role...that duursma could do.

If xerri or larkey is to go then we are in deep shit.

if that is the case it'd be nice if he actually put in a shift consistently and didn't hold the club hostage until he signs/doesn't sign. Personally I think he's off. Both his and LDU's attitude stinks. They've probably had enough.

This is just pipe dream stuff at the minute. There is no way we can attract players like McCluggage. Not until we can actually sell them something besides a bag full of money. We got lucky with Logue imo. He seems like a different breed of animal. Rare. All we are going to get is the Stephens, tucker, fisher types at the moment. That might change if by some miracle we rattle off 4/5 wins before the end of the season and show some ticker.

I don't want us to draft old footballers like Parker either. We can't afford to be used as a superannuation bump. A place where they come in, cash a cheque, play a few good games, shrug their shoulders and inevitably ride off into the sunset.

The players need to be vetted intensely so we can see who are the Logue, Higgins, Waite, Greenwood, Sam Gibson and Josh Walker types (workhorses that hate to lose. leaders). And then we can weed out the Stephens, Polec and Stephenson types that just coast.

Correct, we need to make plans for the future, we need to be far more professional and not let us be hostage to the players' whim. We give them the deal that's most suitable for them. If they want to reject, we need an answer from them by xx date or else we will take it that they are leaving.

Heard Hodgey on the way home on SEN and he made a hell of an argument of our club going after Ollie Wines from Port.

Wines is being squeezed of that midfield pllaying on other position yet, had a 33 possession game, one of the best on ground but when Rozee is fit again, off he goes to a wing or hf, bench where ever.

At 29yo, former captain, had to learn the hard way as a youngster on how to be professional, would he be worth luring to the club on a 4-5 year deal? If he wants to coach down the track, it's probably no better apprenticeship to guide a midfield and the club...Hodgey said make him captain day one...i'm not against that idea?
Happy to take wines and bring him back to vic

Port are pretenders and hes being squeezed out so could make sense to add more years to his career and in his preferred position

Melb took 13 years, carlton took 20+, richmond too 37 with plenty of middling finishes.

I see reality has still yet to set in for some. We aren't just talking finals or flag droughts here, this is in terms of pure competitiveness.

As shit as those teams were at times none of them spent 5 consecutive years in the bottom 2 of the ladder, as will most likely be the case with us at seasons end. Even during their awful periods they managed to bob up up on occasion to middling finishes, which is something we can only dream of at the moment.

In terms of our rebuild we are not comparable whatsoever and people need to stop pretending we are. We are performing worse, and yes it is a bitter pill to swallow but it sadly is the truth.

Zurhaar is the last person we need to keep as he plays the finisher role...that duursma could do.

If xerri or larkey is to go then we are in deep s**t.
LOL. How soon before you drop dead with that drug habit of yours? How is Zurhaar the “last person” we need to keep? Heard of Tucker, Cat Stephens, Taylor, CCJ, Pink, Drury, Free? Even that other “Finisher” Sellers? I could go on. I’ve just mentioned the bottom of the barrel. I haven’t read more dribble from a poster since The Artichoke. :stern look

I see reality has still yet to set in for some. We aren't just talking finals or flag droughts here, this is in terms of pure competitiveness.

As s**t as those teams were at times none of them spent 5 consecutive years in the bottom 2 of the ladder, as will most likely be the case with us at seasons end. Even during their awful periods they managed to bob up up on occasion to middling finishes, which is something we can only dream of at the moment.

In terms of our rebuild we are not comparable whatsoever and people need to stop pretending we are. We are performing worse, and yes it is a bitter pill to swallow but it sadly is the truth.

And what does that mean? we are rebuilding, we are not going to win many if at all for a while.

We won't be competitive until end of the decade that's a reality but then again, we are like 4 players away from path back to the finals. It's that easy. We just need to rebuild the team around sheezal the same way chicago bulls built their team around jordan right from his debut.

The key is, we are not cash strapped with massive debt like we did back in 2007. When you don't have financial stress, you don't have stress, it's that simple. The onfield stuff is not that important, team will get better eventually, if you are bad enough for long enough, you become good enough.

As s**t as those teams were at times none of them spent 5 consecutive years in the bottom 2 of the ladder, as will most likely be the case with us at seasons end. Even during their awful periods they managed to bob up up on occasion to middling finishes, which is something we can only dream of at the moment.

Yes Doc we’re in an abyss and swimming around looking for the slightest bit of light to guide us out.. but unfortunately theres nothing but pitch blackness right now..

Heard Hodgey on the way home on SEN and he made a hell of an argument of our club going after Ollie Wines from Port.

Wines is being squeezed of that midfield pllaying on other position yet, had a 33 possession game, one of the best on ground but when Rozee is fit again, off he goes to a wing or hf, bench where ever.

At 29yo, former captain, had to learn the hard way as a youngster on how to be professional, would he be worth luring to the club on a 4-5 year deal? If he wants to coach down the track, it's probably no better apprenticeship to guide a midfield and the club...Hodgey said make him captain day one...i'm not against that idea?

Happy with Wines or Luke Parker. Both could perform a similar role.

Happy to take wines and bring him back to vic

Port are pretenders and hes being squeezed out so could make sense to add more years to his career and in his preferred position

I heard this conversation as I was driving home as well. I don't know if it is feasible to get either or both or whether they would show any interest in coming to Arden St, but they could teach Wardlaw, Sheezel, McKercher, Powell, Phillips, hell even LDU, about how to position themselves around the stoppage, resilience, professional attitude and standards. Would be massive.

Last edited:
LOL. How soon before you drop dead with that drug habit of yours? How is Zurhaar the “last person” we need to keep? Heard of Tucker, Cat Stephens, Taylor, CCJ, Pink, Drury, Free? Even that other “Finisher” Sellers? I could go on. I’ve just mentioned the bottom of the barrel. I haven’t read more dribble from a poster since The Artichoke. :stern look

Because he is the player we depend to win us games in which he hasn't been performing. If he is gone, then everyone has to step up and not looking around to expect 'senior' players to do the job. When zurhaar ldu are going, then everyone has to become the 'senior' players and step up. Evolution has to be forced most of the time and not everyone is expected to survive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer him two years with a trigger for a third. But even then, his injury history doesn't fill me with much confidence.

What we need right now is a Higgins type that can gut run and use the ball well. We have the inside beasts but don't quite have the offensive power. We're basically missing Thomas (ffs).

Because he is the player we depend to win us games in which he hasn't been performing. If he is gone, then everyone has to step up and not looking around to expect 'senior' players to do the job. When zurhaar ldu are going, then everyone has to become the 'senior' players and step up. Evolution has to be forced most of the time and not everyone is expected to survive.
That last post reads like AI generated nonsense. :stern look

I'm not bringing in a 30yr old ollie wines for 5 years...

Correct, me neither, there are too many experts out there who knows how we can improve.

The truth of the matter is that when larkey gets to 150 games, xerri gets to game 100, comben sheez wardlaw all get to game 50, we will probably be higher up on the ladder.

Offer him two years with a trigger for a third. But even then, his injury history doesn't fill me with much confidence.

What we need right now is a Higgins type that can gut run and use the ball well. We have the inside beasts but don't quite have the offensive power. We're basically missing Thomas (ffs).

Precisely the opposite, we don't have inside power, we need to 2 solid, dead boring bluecollar players at the centre square.

Precisely the opposite, we don't have inside power, we need to 2 solid, dead boring bluecollar players at the centre square.
Probably. But where do we place Phillips, Wardlaw and Powell? What is the point of putting hours into them?

We seem to win the ball plenty but can't do much with it. Outside class is non-existent.

30 to 35 year old Ollie Wines playing in and under feeding LDU, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Powell or McKercher all of a sudden makes a lot of sense.
yeah and if he gets injured, we're paying him big bucks to go fishing.

I've got one for ya that would change the entire fabric of the club overnight.

My absolute number one person on the list from a culture, experience and leadership perspective. And i genuinely think it could be achievable for a number of reasons.

Jack Viney.

I've got one for ya that would change the entire fabric of the club overnight.

My absolute number one person on the list from a culture, experience and leadership perspective. And i genuinely think it could be achievable for a number of reasons.

Jack Viney.
Why would he want to leave though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back