List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No, we can match trade for zurhaar to force a trade
Yeah thanks for that, I forgot other clubs will fall into line and do what we tell them to do.

Sorry club but we're getting an FA and so we need to trade for Zurhaar. And we don't want to discuss it further. So send us your first and we can all move fwd.

Yeah thanks for that, I forgot other clubs will fall into line and do what we tell them to do.

Sorry club but we're getting an FA and so we need to trade for Zurhaar. And we don't want to discuss it further. So send us your first and we can all move fwd.
I like it. TAO chief negotiator.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Ummm yes, that's correct. He got the right to seek free agency, we will match to force a trade to maximise our gains.

We also happen to have pick 1 in pre-season so if things doesn't work out, he can walk or sign with us.

Im pretty certain that zurhaar's management understands the club comes first. Plus, it might end up like xerri's situation where he wanted to be traded to saints, fails and eventually stays and settles and then sign a longterm deal.

There are 2 scenarios when zurhaar wants to leave, opp pay enough to gen us band 1 or more likely, band 2. If it's band 1, then it may affect what players we can get as getting FA could lower our picks. But if it's band 2, then it's similar to what we get for trading. We will match and get a 1st round in the 10s plus a future 2nd.

I like it. TAO chief negotiator.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yes well I recently negotiated quite the deal over a lunch. With a gentleman from Afghanistan and one from China, while unbeknownst to me I was hoiked to the eyeballs with covid. The deal remains unsigned I hope I haven't killed them.
But yes I am available. Should North need my assistance.
And also happy to assist with our list reconfiguration at seasons end.

Oh well indeed

Absolutely no one worth their salt would be willing to come here.

Unless its for a ridiculous pay packet.

Which we dont want and shouldn't be paying. We must not revisit the 2017/18 cash splash that we went after kelly, martin, gaff only to end up with polec. No no no.

These 'bigwig' will come here with all the attitude of a messiah only to be found wanting and we become a laughing stock.

If we get a hodge type mentor player for 2 years, excellent but otherwise we just need to throw the youngsters to the deep and to see who sinks and who swim. Only the strongest should survive.

Which we dont want and shouldn't be paying. We must not revisit the 2017/18 cash splash that we went after kelly, martin, gaff only to end up with polec. No no no.

These 'bigwig' will come here with all the attitude of a messiah only to be found wanting and we become a laughing stock.

If we get a hodge type mentor player for 2 years, excellent but otherwise we just need to throw the youngsters to the deep and to see who sinks and who swim. Only the strongest should survive.
Throwing youngest to the wolves is what Melbourne did for years and burned a generation of young players.
We need three experienced players to come in a provide the leadership we are so desperately missing.

Ummm yes, that's correct. He got the right to seek free agency, we will match to force a trade to maximise our gains.

We also happen to have pick 1 in pre-season so if things doesn't work out, he can walk or sign with us.

Im pretty certain that zurhaar's management understands the club comes first. Plus, it might end up like xerri's situation where he wanted to be traded to saints, fails and eventually stays and settles and then sign a longterm deal.

There are 2 scenarios when zurhaar wants to leave, opp pay enough to gen us band 1 or more likely, band 2. If it's band 1, then it may affect what players we can get as getting FA could lower our picks. But if it's band 2, then it's similar to what we get for trading. We will match and get a 1st round in the 10s plus a future 2nd.
No way in hell are we getting that for an out of form/fitness Zurhaar.

We got a 2nd and 3rd for our FB that went to Hawthorn to win premierships and AA honours.

We got pick 38 for one of our few KPFs who happened to come top three in the Coleman three years running.

We gave up pick 20 for a player who is a little bit more useful that bag of cement on field.

We have no form with shrewd trades when players are involved. The closest is Fisher last year.

Please do not delude yourself.

If we trade, we will get pick 25.

Throwing youngest to the wolves is what Melbourne did for years and burned a generation of young players.
We need three experienced players to come in a provide the leadership we are so desperately missing.

Totally this and not all players that get paid well are mercenaries, some simply get offered the big cash as they are top professionals

And also what melb did post getting in top talent was they they traded 3 firsts, 2 of which were top ten, to get the pillars of May and Lever and haven't looked back since

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good day tao i would be throwing a big offer out to the number 18 at Port he looks like he is going to be a gun.
Angry No Way GIF

Ben Ainsworth please. Vic Country boy, tough, mature (26yo) defensive minded, mid-forward. Exactly what our list needs. Has played 21 an 22 games the last two seasons and every game this year. 108 goals from 127 games since he was drafted in 2016 at #4. Same draft as Grif and Jy. Throw a huge chunk of cash at him and he will make us better from day one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Ainsworth please. Vic Country boy, tough, mature (26yo) defensive minded, mid-forward. Exactly what our list needs. Has played 21 an 22 games the last two seasons and every game this year. 108 goals from 127 games since he was drafted in 2016 at #4. Same draft as Grif and Jy. Throw a huge chunk of cash at him and he will make us better from day one.
Doubt he comes as he’s copped floggings as a GC player and as they’re about to hit finals , he won’t think let’s join nmfc and cop some more flogging.

Amusing that some think the solution is to cash in more senior players and stock up on more draft picks.

Players that leave through FA will kill our culture.

Don't think LDU doesn't have an eye on BMac, what he's doing at Essendon. Most importantly looking like playing finals in his first year out of the club.

I actually saw a couple of clips of Curtin playing on Howes in the sanfl... outmarked him numerous times

Pre-draft, i thought Will Dawson was at least an equally good KPD prospect, and i still have high hopes he will turn out to be a superior player, so pleased we have him.

Can we bring in a Cunners clone and then someone for the mids to kick to when they win it? A good crumbing forward would be the cherry on top.

We'd be a much much better side with just those moves, along with development from the youngsters (notably McKercher, Duursma, WDawson, George).

Pre-draft, i thought Will Dawson was at least an equally good KPD prospect, and i still have high hopes he will turn out to be a superior player, so pleased we have him.

Never seen the kpd in Curtin, which assuming other late were similar hence the slide

Amusing that some think the solution is to cash in more senior players and stock up on more draft picks.

Don't think LDU doesn't have an eye on BMac, what he's doing at Essendon. Most importantly looking like playing finals in his first year out of the club.

Don't you know draft picks and shiny new toys each year will fix everything!

If we lose Zurhaar to FA do you think the club will be willing to chase another FA and dilute our potential compo pick?

If we were to lose Zurhaar I hope we go balls to the wall and go after a combination of Berry, Battle, Ainsworth, Cumming, Hardwick and Stocker. Getting 2/3 mature agers from the above list will make us more competitive in the short term and won't impact our current draft hand.

Berry/Hardwick/Ainsworth would go a long way to filling crticial roles as our side develops.

I highly doubt it happens, but would be very happy if it did.

2024 22:

B: Hardwick, Comben, Goater
HB: Sheezel, Logue, K.Dawson
C: Scott, Wardlaw, McKercher
HF: Ainsworth, Maley, Simpkin
F: Curtis, Larkey, Duursma
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Berry
Int: Powell, Smillie, Fisher, Ford

Depth: Phillips, Hardeman, Stephenson, Corr, McDonald, Stephens, Bergman, George, Archer, Lazzaro,

Don't you know draft picks and shiny new toys each year will fix everything!

I still think letting BMac go was the best thing.

He didnt believe in the club's future and didnt want to be here.

We have plonked Comden down there in his place and to be honest, there is not much difference between Charlie's output this year and Ben's last year.

The difference is, Charlie wants to be here....

But we now have an 18 year old Zane Duursma, hopefully we can develop into an A grader, for many years to come...

We have plonked Comden down there in his place and to be honest, there is not much difference between Charlie's output this year and Ben's last year.

But we now have an 18 year old Zane Duursma, hopefully we can develop into an A grader, for many years to come...

Not to mention we haven't tied up 800k a year on that player either.

Don't get me wrong so do I, I wasn't referring to buckets as that had to be done. We got in another pointy end pick, saved us 3m and have comben and Dawson hopefully as 200cms in waiting. No doubt that was the only call.... it was more to the posters that are now offloading bull or LDU, or others that want to constantly bring in the new toys and go around in an endless cycle

Maybe LDU can cast his eye over Taranto and Hopper too….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back