List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

HFF - we have them coming out of our behind.
CHF - definitely.
FP - desperately.
BP - a defensive one, agree.
HBF - see HFF.
Wingman - currently pretend to HBF's.
Backup Ruck - One 18yo and one about to be set Free.

Don't think we can attract a 'quality' A grader even a B+ grade trade in our current form so it has to be internal development with mature FA's at either a mature 28-30+ former A graders or a punt of VFL/WAFL/SANFL players that can do these job and teach whilst the kids come up...
After todays effort, we need some vocal leadership as much as players.
With HBF, HFF and wingman I do agree that we have a lot but the right ones need to step up and prove that they are AFL standard.

How many do you trust are ready to go round 1 next year in a finals quality side?

I have McKercher in the wing/mid role already, so not including him.

Bergman, Fisher, George, Ford, Duursma, Stevo, Stephens, Scott, Tucker, Archer, Taylor, Hardeman, Lazarro, Drury...

How many of these guys could reliably be best 22 for any top 15 side?

With SA Dyson Sharp looking like the clear standout number 1 pick next year. We all know what happened last time we drafted a number 1 from SA.

Would we trade out our F1 for the Crows F1 and first this year.
Don’t discount young Willem Duursma as number 1 next year

And jack dalton wont be far behind them

But yes Sharp looks good

4th round pick or a salary dump. Lot of hate for this guy but he's exactly the mature player NM needs to give Larkey some support. Has former teammates at NM in Logue, Tucker and Corr so they would make him feel welcome. I think NM should be doing this one.

2 years left on the contract I think. Take that off Footscray’s hand for bugger all.

2 years left on the contract I think. Take that off Footscray’s hand for bugger all.
Yes. Exactly what NM need to straighten them up for two or three seasons, whilst we draft a key forward to develop in the VFL. This also gives Sellers and Maley a couple more years to develop. Tom Morris asked who would be interested in Lobb. Jimmy Bartel said Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn and North Melbourne. I reckon NM is the only club who could guarantee him a game every week. Has to be the selling point plus his former teammates at Arden St.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th round pick or a salary dump. Lot of hate for this guy but he's exactly the mature player NM needs to give Larkey some support. Has former teammates at NM in Logue, Tucker and Corr so they would make him feel welcome. I think NM should be doing this one.
Yes. I’m sure he’s keen as **** to play for a side about to go winless for a season with horrible forward 50 entries.

Yes. I’m sure he’s keen as **** to play for a side about to go winless for a season with horrible forward 50 entries.
It's more attractive then playing out his career in the VFL. Add to that, he has three former team mates at NM. Guaranteed a game every week, which is what he is looking for. NM will win games next year. He doesn't have to bang through 50 goals, either. He can make a contest, take the 2nd best defender, allowing Zurhaar to take the 3rd defender. I can't see many FA wanting to come to NM but he might, knowing he is guaranteed a game for the next two to three years. If you have a better idea, please let us all know.

Even if we wanted him he wouldn’t come,
You could be right but you have to sell the message to him. How was Clarko able to sell NM to Logue, Tucker, Shiels, Fisher and Stephens? Offer him game time every week and he will come. No other club could guarantee him a start every week. Still no guarantees but you have to try and sell the message that he is required and will get a game. Without a key forward, in his age bracket next year, expect more of what has been dished up by the NM team this year, continuing into 2025. LDU will definitely walk, and others may follow if we don't see significant improvement, very soon. This guy may not be around to play when NM is in the 8 again but he could help us win a few games, at least.

You could be right but you have to sell the message to him. How was Clarko able to sell NM to Logue, Tucker, Shiels, Fisher and Stephens? Offer him game time every week and he will come. No other club could guarantee him a start every week. Still no guarantees but you have to try and sell the message that he is required and will get a game. Without a key forward, in his age bracket next year, expect more of what has been dished up by the NM team this year, continuing into 2025.

He’ll get a few offers and from clubs who are in better positions than ours.

I'm conflicted because he has shown throughout his career that he has made bad choices. Has already changed teams twice after signing long term deals.

Having said that, even though I think he's a bit soft he can play. I watched him a few weeks ago and he was clunking marks in the forward line and looked really good. He would absolutely be able fo play a role in our team.

We will see his mindset come trade time. Does he want gametime because if he does were a perfect choice? or is he looking for a club to give an extra year or 2 on his likely final contract.

I'm desperate enough for a second tall forward that I'd be down to take him in a salary dump and plug a hole. He seems like the kind of guy who would want to end up at a Collingwood, but who knows if he'd be guaranteed game time in their side. That's the best card we can show him for now.

We will see his mindset come trade time. Does he want gametime because if he does were a perfect choice? or is he looking for a club to give an extra year or 2 on his likely final contract.
Brady’s thought bubble

Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

I'm conflicted because he has shown throughout his career that he has made bad choices. Has already changed teams twice after signing long term deals.

Having said that, even though I think he's a bit soft he can play. I watched him a few weeks ago and he was clunking marks in the forward line and looked really good. He would absolutely be able fo play a role in our team.

He’d be playing at Melbourne and the Pies, he won’t pick us over them.

He’s definitely a big man upgrade on CCJ, Pink and Biggie (which isn’t much) but the only way I would be taking his massive salary dump if it also involves a trade value ‘softening’ on a deal in which we can swap WillPhill for Sanders or Bailey Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back