List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s definitely a big man upgrade on CCJ, Pink and Biggie (which isn’t much) but the only way I would be taking his massive salary dump if it also involves a trade value ‘softening’ on a deal in which we can swap WillPhill for Sanders or Bailey Smith.
Sanders can't be traded. The draftees have an automatic 3 year contract with the club they are drafted to.

It's more attractive then playing out his career in the VFL. Add to that, he has three former team mates at NM. Guaranteed a game every week, which is what he is looking for. NM will win games next year. He doesn't have to bang through 50 goals, either. He can make a contest, take the 2nd best defender, allowing Zurhaar to take the 3rd defender. I can't see many FA wanting to come to NM but he might, knowing he is guaranteed a game for the next two to three years. If you have a better idea, please let us all know.
Not saying that he isn’t worth going for just pointing out that we are an attractive proposition for no decent players, particularly forwards.

Horn bag had two years contract but left anyone can be traded
That's true but I don't believe Sanders is desperate to leave the Western Bulldogs as much as JHF was desperate to leave NM. I guess you never really know, if the rumours were to be believed, that a number of players want out at the Bulldogs, if Bevo stays on as coach.

Not saying that he isn’t worth going for just pointing out that we are an attractive proposition for no decent players, particularly forwards.
Agree with what your saying but you have to throw your hat in the ring. As I said previously, guarantee him a game and pay him overs, more then any rival club will offer. NM certainly has tonnes of room in the salary cap. The link of former teammates of Logue and Tucker at Freo and Corr from his time at the GWS, could all be involved meeting him before another meeting with Alistair Clarkson. If you don't have a go, you definitely won't get the player.

a jarrad waite situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb.

Yeh we just simply get a tall guy in and it fixes our structure.

Brilliant. No other considerations to factor in.

Tarryn Thomas can play a bit, shall we give him an SSP spot at the same time?

Lobb.

Yeh we just simply get a tall guy in and it fixes our structure.

Brilliant. No other considerations to factor in.

Tarryn Thomas can play a bit, shall we give him an SSP spot at the same time?
If you have a better suggestion then Lobb, please let us all know. I'm dying to hear what alternative, you have hidden up your sleeve. Maybe your answer is just leave the team the way it currently is and hope that solves the forward line problems.

4th round pick or a salary dump. Lot of hate for this guy but he's exactly the mature player NM needs to give Larkey some support. Has former teammates at NM in Logue, Tucker and Corr so they would make him feel welcome. I think NM should be doing this one.
Or they think he is a tool and don’t want to play with him?

Exactly.

Anyone whose played team sport knows that just because someone plays in the same side doesn't mean they will be invited to the next Sunday BBQ..

Could be that. Who knows? I'm just saying it stands out like dog balls that NM need a mature key forward to help Larkey. They're aren't too many on the market and of the ones that are, not many are looking at NM as a place to ply their trade. If not Lobb, who else? I'm open to hear suggestions but no one has put an alternative forward, as of yet. All I've heard is lots of reasons not to select him. The same people then just moan about our lack of tall timber in the forward line. I gues we can not bother even talking to Lobb and then hope 2025 will be better then this year, without addressing the key forward deficiencies.

a jarrad waite situation

hahaha what.

My god, some of you have completely lost the plot.

From memory - and this could be wrong - Carlton didn't get ANY compo for Waite which means he was on SFA. And he was on a different planet to Lobb in terms of talent - AND we were actually half decent so adding an old player made sense.

Lobb doesn't help ! With anything. It would be the last straw for me.

Bit of intel mate or just a wish?

lol what are you saying? Remember a bloke called JHF? AFL contracts are only good for home loan.
Just a wish sadly.

Hardwick hopefully loves and misses Clarko and sounds like Stengle wants to get paid.

Think we'd struggle to sign anyone at present though.

Dear lord no. He's a serious peaheart.
It would be like if you were dying of thirst but stopped to check if the water given to you might be chilled and filtered.

We are begging for anyone who can compete, take a mark or bring the ball to ground to help out Larkey for a couple of years while we develop a (currently yet to be drafted) player.

hahaha what.

My god, some of you have completely lost the plot.

From memory - and this could be wrong - Carlton didn't get ANY compo for Waite which means he was on SFA. And he was on a different planet to Lobb in terms of talent - AND we were actually half decent so adding an old player made sense.

Lobb doesn't help ! With anything. It would be the last straw for me.
The last straw for me is to see NM go into 2025 without an older, key forward, with some experience to help out Larkey. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (has been this way since Ben Brown left) and expecting a different result. Some of you must be insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back