Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott or Sam Lucas?

That's the only pr0n we'll allow to be posted around here, and what beautiful pr0n it is!

I may kidnap his kid the week of the game and leave a ransom note which includes the words "LEAVE. THE. KID. SIMPKIN. ALONE!"

Scott rather. I know two guys named Sam Lucas and I keep making the same mistake ha!

Handy to have a fortnight before our final JLT game. Gives Jy a chance to recover and then build towards a full game against GWS as an audition for a round 1 spot. Would be perfect timing to have a youngster make his mark in his first season the way Wellsy did all those years ago.

And as to being ready? After a few weeks of match practice, on debut we get a baulk or two, the shimmy, attempted banana from the boundary line on the run, breaking tackles, and a dustup. A month before round 1. Plenty of time to prepare for his debut.

Handy to have a fortnight before our final JLT game. Gives Jy a chance to recover and then build towards a full game against GWS as an audition for a round 1 spot. Would be perfect timing to have a youngster make his mark in his first season the way Wellsy did all those years ago.

And as to being ready? After a few weeks of match practice, on debut we get a baulk or two, the shimmy, attempted banana from the boundary line on the run, breaking tackles, and a dustup. A month before round 1. Plenty of time to prepare for his debut.
Ready? Bloke was telling his mates how to set up in the forward line.

Born ready.

Sure he might be ready to play a part buuuuuut, rounds 1-3 are already tough on players fitness wise. It is a very easy time of year to get torched by hard running teams as teams struggle without that match fitness. We've allowed ourselves to get caught out by it before. If we are going into a game with potentially EVW, Durdin, Clarke and possibly Mountford that have all played little or no senior footy we are adding one more to this list. By all means give him a full JLT and make the call though, they all need to be able to run out games.

Sure he might be ready to play a part buuuuuut, rounds 1-3 are already tough on players fitness wise. It is a very easy time of year to get torched by hard running teams as teams struggle without that match fitness. We've allowed ourselves to get caught out by it before. If we are going into a game with potentially EVW, Durdin, Clarke and possibly Mountford that have all played little or no senior footy we are adding one more to this list. By all means give him a full JLT and make the call though, they all need to be able to run out games.
Is that you Brad? Let a fella fantasise will ya? :p

Im surprised at the baking Turner has been copping in this thread. I actually thought he was really good against the Hawks. He was always moving, laid tackles, pressured, involved in some really good transition play when he worked up the ground. Were any stats released as i thought he had a good game. Maybe people are still looking for number 28 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have him in before Turner.

Turner hasn't given much despite a lot of game time in the first two games.

I actually thought Kayne was pretty good against Hawthorn. Didn't get a lot of it, but got enough and did good things. He definitely wasn't bad.

EDIT: Back on topic - agree that Jy shouldn't be rushed straight in unless he can demonstrate in the next JLT that he can run out a full game.

I actually thought Kayne was pretty good against Hawthorn. Didn't get a lot of it, but got enough and did good things. He definitely wasn't bad.

EDIT: Back on topic - agree that Jy shouldn't be rushed straight in unless he can demonstrate in the next JLT that he can run out a full game.
And that's how i'm guessing the Coaches will look at it but yeah can't wait to see him play his first game like everyone here.

We havent had a first round pick with his sort of toe/agility since Ats in 2010.

He seems so confident which is so nice to see. We usually get these guys that take 3 years to have the confidence to put on moves like he tried yesterday after 2 proper weeks of training.
yeah but Jy can actually kick so he's well ahead already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back