Traded #27: Jonathan Giles - Traded to The West Coast with pick 62 for pick 57

Remove this Banner Ad

If only we gave other players 8 years to get their s**t together.

One poster here made the excellent point a few years back that we are hoarders. Because we paid a high price years ago in terms of draft picks we now hang onto these guys for a decade. The top clubs are a lot more ruthless.

One poster here made the excellent point a few years back that we are hoarders. Because we paid a high price years ago in terms of draft picks we now hang onto these guys for a decade. The top clubs are a lot more ruthless.

I am not as concerned by the club holding on to players as I am with the double standards that have been rife at EFC.

Sorry, what I meant is, sometimes teams do hold on to players for too long. I was using Ellis as an example, saying that even the best hold on for them for too long before moving them on.

Does he still have any currency? In his 3 games with us he has hardly set the world on fire but he wasnt given too many chances by Hird - maybe he could come good under Worsfold..??

Does he still have any currency? In his 3 games with us he has hardly set the world on fire but he wasnt given too many chances by Hird - maybe he could come good under Worsfold..??

200cm AFL ruckmen always have some kind of currency.

I'm genuinely surprised Richmond aren't into him if he is seeking a move

Wonder why a deal involving Colledge is supposedly unlikely if we're interested in him and WC are interested in Colledge. I understand that he's contracted, and that Giles doesn't have big trade value, but surely something can be worked out by throwing in / exchanging later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we should take Colladge especially for Giles and re arrange of later picks.

I find it interesting Giles wants to head west. Well and truly journeyman. Be his 4th club.

He does realise he has more of a chance to play a game for us than West Coast doesnt he? He should really head back to Sydney and play for the red and white if he wants games.

Time to showcase the boys we never play now, our season is shot.

That's been the Essendon way since 2011.

Funnily enough none of those boys have amounted to anything. It's a tad self-fulfilling for my liking.

We will see that AFL will ultimately be "Moneyballed". It won't be stats based analysis of the game or recycling players it will be "civilian oversight" of the dogshit that footy departments have been churning out unchecked since the beginning of the professional era (which has been dominated by 4 clubs one of which is not a total basked case).

From afl.com.au:
  1. 5.02pm: GILES FLYING WESTIt's not official just yet, but with Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro seated in the AFL foyer with Eagles recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro, we can assume the paperwork that will send ruckman Jonathan Giles from the Bombers - after a one and done season - to West Coast is about to be done.
No wonder he has been busy!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back