AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else get annoyed when the media says ''Parish has been a really good find for Essendon'' like we've drafted him with our last pick in the rookie draft?

Anyone else get annoyed when the media says ''Parish has been a really good find for Essendon'' like we've drafted him with our last pick in the rookie draft?

Let's extend it, the media never says anything positive about Essendon.
That's the No. 1 thing that shits me.

Parish is a FANTASTIC player who was always gonna be top 10 last year.

Darcy is a FANTASTIC player full stop.

I also love how people do not want him winning the RS, but he's going to.
Petracca is the only one who can deny it.
Maybe - probably not.

I would still put Weitering as the threat, despite last weekend results. Petracca is huge but didn't play for early games. I also have a vague suspicion that there is more publicity wank around rising star then other awards so the panel might avoid giving it to a Melbourne kid twice running anyway.

But who cares? You must be loving Parish. I've seen him twice live and every other time on TV. That kid is exceptional. His footy brain is beyond his years and he should be a champion sooner or later. He is a fast developer though so I say sooner.

I think Parish dead likely for RS. And who really cares if he isn't? Nobody watching AFL this year should be in any doubt he is a gun.

RS is a very much a 'media award'. Weitering and Petracca both were worthy of the pick 1 selection, petracca would have been if it was any other club. They are riding it home like it's a 2 horse race, when in reality parish has been just as good if not better than them. I'd clearly have parish ahead of petrecca due to the games played. Parish has been incredibly consistent aswell. Only 1 game below 20 touches..

Callum Mills has been better than all.

Callum Mills has been better than all.
How so?

I'm seriously not having a go Yaco. Just curious what makes you rate Mills? I think he looks a gun in the making, but can't really see that he has yet demonstrated more than Parish or Weitering or Petracca or Daniel or even Oliver?

I like the look of Mills too, but what is behind your early prediction?

Last edited:
How so?

I'm seriously not having a go Yaco. Just curious what makes you rate Mills? I think he looks a gun in the making, but can't really see that he has yet demonstrated more than Parish or Weitering or Petracca or Mills or Daniel or even Oliver?

...but he is not a pr0n star!

How so?

I'm seriously not having a go Yaco. Just curious what makes you rate Mills? I think he looks a gun in the making, but can't really see that he has yet demonstrated more than Parish or Weitering or Petracca or Daniel or even Oliver?

Settled beautifully into Sydney's back six - Courageous, good in the air, good skills and decision-making, good vision, strong in the contest and reads the play well.

Weitering - Very good first year but his performances have been over-rated.
Parish - Natural footy player who is tracking well - Have him second.
Petracca - Has outstanding tools but his decion-making needs further improvement - Also a second year player.
Oliver - Shown some exciting signs but needs more consistency.
Daniel - A smart player with excellent vision and skills - Also a second year player.

My order is

Mills
Parish
Daniel
Weitering
Petracca
Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A cromulent point

I con-quer.

KHZqn.jpg

Settled beautifully into Sydney's back six - Courageous, good in the air, good skills and decision-making, good vision, strong in the contest and reads the play well.

Weitering - Very good first year but his performances have been over-rated.
Parish - Natural footy player who is tracking well - Have him second.
Petracca - Has outstanding tools but his decion-making needs further improvement - Also a second year player.
Oliver - Shown some exciting signs but needs more consistency.
Daniel - A smart player with excellent vision and skills - Also a second year player.

My order is

Mills
Parish
Daniel
Weitering
Petracca
Oliver.
You're forgetting that Petracca is coming back from a knee reco so he is effectively a first year player.

Joke: missed.

Check the last VFL game thread.

Anyway, Parish, churches, congregations and such things...

Looking forward to his development into the Diocese and then ultimately the See.

You're forgetting that Petracca is coming back from a knee reco so he is effectively a first year player.

Still a 2nd year. Rising Star should only be for first year players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back