AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Before that.

First quarter vs Geelong 2016
I'll have to go back to that - the memory is too hazy

I do agree Laverde has some traits of the midfielder we have all wanted & needed. He's a freak specimen, super strong and actually pretty good distributing by hand in the clinches. But in general play I have never seen much of either that dogged inside "see ball/get ball" capability, or any real natural ability on the link & spread.

There you go. Hobbs and Caldwell more than up to it and far better defensively. Think it would honestly be the best thing if he left as it’d push those 2 back to flanks if he stayed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go. Hobbs and Caldwell more than up to it and far better defensively. Think it would honestly be the best thing if he left as it’d push those 2 back to flanks if he stayed

Which KPP has caught your eye in this years draft to be out injured 80% of the time while Parish racks up more All Australians?

Dodo has such a great track record with first round draft picks, lets trade out his best one of the last 14-16 years because he's sure to pick another winner.

Re-joins main training soon, aiming for R15
Aiming for round 15 against Freo in Perth
Midfielder Darcy Parish is on track to return soon after mid-season bye.

McPherson says Parish is inching toward re-joining main training with the hope of being available for Essendon’s trip to Perth.

“Darcy’s continuing to build his speed work and footy integration as he nears a return to full training,” McPherson said.

“He’s progressing well and all things going to plan, he’ll be a chance to return for round 15."

I didn't think you were so faint-hearted, dansin.

I still believe Laverde would be a good forward and that he'd have a similar impact to Stringer at stoppages.

For a long time, I thought the club stuffed up by trying to play Langford on the ball and Laverde up forward. I thought very strongly that Laverde had the make-up to be an explosive strong midfielder and that Langford was a forward. I was right about Langford, but Laverde is good as a backman, which is the last thing I would have predicted for him. He obviously has never built the tank to be mid.

If you're not being sarcastic, Laverde could potentially play as a defensive midfielder, but he would never be a ball-winner offensive forward.

He is STILL 18th for total clearances

he's played 3, if not 4 less games than the rest of the top 20. Clayton Oliver has the same amount with 2 more games

Gotta keep him me thinks

He is STILL 18th for total clearances

he's played 3, if not 4 less games than the rest of the top 20. Clayton Oliver has the same amount with 2 more games

Gotta keep him me thinks
Yeah, hopefully he stays. Absolute gun and hard to replace.

The way Scott has restored hope might just be enough.

Part of me wants the Cats to fail as I think that is where he would go if he went.

If last night doesn’t prove we don’t need him then I don’t know what does. Are you going to sacrifice Hobbs, Caldwell or Martins midfield time for the next 6 years if you sign him?

If last night doesn’t prove we don’t need him then I don’t know what does. Are you going to sacrifice Hobbs, Caldwell or Martins midfield time for the next 6 years if you sign him?
discussing at the moment but Hobbs, Caldwell even Parish himself have shown an ability in the forward half so all could play in the same side.

Parish is literally one of the best clearance players in the league, if you think the other guys can improve to a point it offsets what we lose from Parish departing then perhaps its an idea

discussing at the moment but Hobbs, Caldwell even Parish himself have shown an ability in the forward half so all could play in the same side.

Parish is literally one of the best clearance players in the league, if you think the other guys can improve to a point it offsets what we lose from Parish departing then perhaps its an idea
This is the issue we try and stick midfielders in forward pockets and it’s dumb. Much more effective playing a small forward there. Hobbs and Caldwell far better defensively than Parish and Perkins can even play on ball. Tsatas to come in aswell.

Mids next year: Merrett, Martin, Caldwell, Hobbs, Tsatas, Perkins. Good balance of height, inside, outside, defence and offence in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back