AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys, non essendon fan here.

do you guys reckon parish will start copping tags with his amazing form? of course there is still merrett who teams can tag.

next 3 opposition all teams who might well tag a midfielder. hawks with worpel or cousins, melbourne with harmes if they do and geelong with mark o'connor.

if parish does cop all the tags how do you think he'll cope with them?
I don't think he's ever been tagged before.

Most teams don't tag on the inside, especially with the 6 6 6 rule it means they can't run an extra at the stoppage anymore so they'd have to sacrifice one of their own inside mids to do it, so they only do that if the player being tagged legitimately scares the s**t out of them. They can usually beat us at the coal face anyway especially since we're down three of our best mids.

On the outside, Merrett is more damaging, his disposal is elite and he's taggable, so they go after him instead. That said, Parish is racking up a fair few metres gained, so he's not just an accumulator. But yah.

I think if you tag Merrett, you reduce Parish's effectiveness anyway since they work together.

I don't think he's ever been tagged before.

Most teams don't tag on the inside, especially with the 6 6 6 rule it means they can't run an extra at the stoppage anymore so they'd have to sacrifice one of their own inside mids to do it, so they only do that if the player being tagged legitimately scares the sh*t out of them. They can usually beat us at the coal face anyway especially since we're down three of our best mids.

On the outside, Merrett is more damaging, his disposal is elite and he's taggable, so they go after him instead. That said, Parish is racking up a fair few metres gained, so he's not just an accumulator. But yah.

I think if you tag Merrett, you reduce Parish's effectiveness anyway since they work together.
Last paragraph is gospel. Similar handball received numbers to each other.

hey guys, non essendon fan here.

do you guys reckon parish will start copping tags with his amazing form? of course there is still merrett who teams can tag.

next 3 opposition all teams who might well tag a midfielder. hawks with worpel or cousins, melbourne with harmes if they do and geelong with mark o'connor.

if parish does cop all the tags how do you think he'll cope with them?
I still think Merrett is our most damaging midfielder, letting him off the chain is just a headache. Plus, he has more runs in terms of consistency of output / you generally know week to week what you're going to get & just how much he can influence a game in terms of his kicking & ball use. Not to say Parish hasn't proven anything across the last ten weeks (or his seasons prior) but until we get a complete year or two of these kind of perfomances I think teams will definitely still look to Merrett being the one to tag. It's a good headache for us Essendon supporters to have, to finally have some polish & midfield depth that is scary for the opposition. Parish may eventually be the most influential in there, but I think people are currently sitting back assessing if he can do this / offer this form up from here on out.

Received credible information that Parish will request a trade to either Collingwood or Geelong unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm nervous that he's going to end the year averaging 47 touches a game in Tasmania and request a trade to the future expansion team.

Received credible information that Parish will request a trade to either Collingwood or Geelong unfortunately.
Well Collingwood suck so you should finish that wall at Werribee you’ve been banging on about.

You know that one that will keep the cats and their fans out of Melbourne? Yep, that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back