AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure he's a crumbing forward tbh
Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a winger. Just needs the match conditioning. Was an odd choice over more mature options like hind and hobbs
He certainly has all the tools to be. He's quick, agile, creative and has natural goal sense. I think he lacks penetration in his licking to be a winger, on top of the conditioning.

the problem was, collingwood flooded their forward line, so ADJ was pulled up the ground and rarely got an opportunity to do any forward line crumbing, and was often chasing bigger opposition through the midfield on transition

Would not mind if they put him in cotton wool a bit from now. We have seen what we needed from him. Give him a rest from games for a few weeks and then some VFL footy with the chance to play another 2 or 3 games in the back end of the year.

Would not mind if they put him in cotton wool a bit from now. We have seen what we needed from him. Give him a rest from games for a few weeks and then some VFL footy with the chance to play another 2 or 3 games in the back end of the year.

Wouldn't hate this but some easy kills coming up, they might want to get some easier games into him.

Wouldn't hate this but some easy kills coming up, they might want to get some easier games into him.
If his shoulder holds up.

I'd agree if Guelfi was fit. Think he's the only other small (other than maybe Walla) who can impact the game like Davey is. He has his shortcomings, but he's ahead of Tex and Munkara atm. Fingers crossed those two can put pressure on him in the back half of the season though.
Bring Shiel in and let him do the hard running HF role.
I'm not so keen to mess around with the midfield mix from last week.

a) its the Eagles
b) Shiel can roll in if needed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The powers that be have chosen not to use his goal celebration in the promo material and I guess that speaks volumes… if it was supposed to be something cultural you’d think they’d have clarified it by now like they do with all the other cultural celebrations 🤔

Sounds like he had his most influential game of the year to date.

22 disposals, 5 tackles and 4 clearances.

For a guy who plays like him 22 disposals is absolutely massive. I reckon he'd have a huge impact on any games where he racks up that many touches. Would be keen to see him back in the seniors again.

Sounds like he had his most influential game of the year to date.

22 disposals, 5 tackles and 4 clearances.

For a guy who plays like him 22 disposals is absolutely massive. I reckon he'd have a huge impact on any games where he racks up that many touches. Would be keen to see him back in the seniors again.

His second quarter was particularly good. He’s got it.

The powers that be have chosen not to use his goal celebration in the promo material and I guess that speaks volumes… if it was supposed to be something cultural you’d think they’d have clarified it by now like they do with all the other cultural celebrations 🤔
I didn't like it. I'm not sure what his point was but it looked juvenile on the face of it.

I've seen the first half of the VFL game from the weekend finally. Alwyn's been really lively. Looking forward to him pushing Snello or Guelfi out, but I really like what he's been doing up the ground as well. So quick and creative.

I've seen the first half of the VFL game from the weekend finally. Alwyn's been really lively. Looking forward to him pushing Snello or Guelfi out, but I really like what he's been doing up the ground as well. So quick and creative.
Im looking fwd to Davey, Duz and Martin rolling the wing/HF spots. His positioning is top shelf. Once that body is mature enough to withstand AFL level for longer periods he's gonna be a player

Pick in the 50s. what a steal

Im looking fwd to Davey, Duz and Martin rolling the wing/HF spots. His positioning is top shelf. Once that body is mature enough to withstand AFL level for longer periods he's gonna be a player

Pick in the 50s. what a steal
Yeah, for all the chatter about Tsatas it's Alwyn who's been lighting it up in the game I'm watching. He's gonna burn some guys off on a wing.

Back