Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with MacMillan is not finding the footy or getting to the right spots.
Its how he uses it.
The long 45 metre kick to a 2 on 1 inside 50 that loops up and allows the 3rd defender to cut across has been driving me mad the past 2 weeks.
I dont know if the forwards are to blame or if our big men are taking the piss but Higgins and Dumont are one of the few who can kick to space and make a target lead to where they want.
The issue is that hes a defender who cant defend. He has made some horrible errors and cant tackle or defend in the air. Gets on the end if it and disposal is mostly good. Having mullett who is the same player basically exposes us. Thats why many rate williams. At least hes hard at it and defends pretty well. If the ball comes in easily we r toast with these turnstiles.

Metres gained is a bullshite stat.
Do they count kick ins, if so he had at least a dozen on Saturday night?

Calls to drop him are silly but I thought he was poor with his disposal, positioning and general decision making against the Tigers.
Prior to Saturdays game he had been going ok.

Doesn't hurt the opposition (enough) with his role / impact. Uncontested possessions only mean something when they go to the advantage of a teammate which easier said than done. I'm not sold he plays his best on the last line of defense. Doesn't shine much = tradeable if that means bringing in some real smart ball users.

Did anyone else think that torp from the middle was a bit like North over the last few years? Almost pulled of something spectacular but didn't quite come off.

Been wondering this for a while, does a players metres gained stat decrease if they kick it backwards?
You'd think if it did that Atley would be in the negatives.

Stats just released on NMFC.com.au, apparently Tarrant and Macmillan are 7th and 14th in the AFL respectively for R50s per game, thats a lot of rebound.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Stats just released on NMFC.com.au, apparently Tarrant and Macmillan are 7th and 14th in the AFL respectively for R50s per game, thats a lot of rebound.

Probably also reflective of how often the bloody pill enters our D50.

Sadly, I think you are right:

Robbie Tarrant – 50 (avg 4.5) - equal 7th in AFL
Jamie Macmillan – 47 (4.3) - equal 14th in AFL
Marley Williams – 45 (4.1) - equal 16th in AFL
Aaron Mullett – 39 (4.9) - equal 19th in AFL
Scott Thompson – 39 (3.9) - equal 19th in AFL

That says it all. To have five players in the top twenty, out of a pool of 108+ defenders league wide, is way out of whack and likely a blight on our midfield.

We are 3rd for rebound 50's but there is basically nothing between 2nd and 14th.

That says it all. To have five players in the top twenty, out of a pool of 108+ defenders league wide, is way out of whack and likely a blight on our midfield.
Yep. Its a fairly meaningless stat, but it does show you how different our team structure is and defensive list is. Tarrent is the only big man in that list to be the top rebounder for their respective club, and to be honest we are top heavy and defender heavy in that list as a whole which IMO kinda tells as a team we are not nearly enough running the ball out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not how you do it, TT.

You're not supposed to stop and actually think things through.

1) Have initial emotional response
2) Sprint to keyboard.
3) Post a heap of irrational crap.
4) if initial emotional response engages confirmation bias
5) Repeat posting irrational crap.

Get with the program!

guess its a great time to bring Nielson in.
nekk minnut Tom Jeffries gets a game:drunk:

You are a wizard.

Do you have next months lotto numbers Tazza?
LOL

Not laughing at the injury but the irony that JAMIE gets injured STICKING a tackle isnt lost on me either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back