AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - What a guy! 💅 3 goals in his 100th - 20/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Has earned it . In an ideal world he will be depth but you can not move on one of the few players who plays hard for the side.

18 months ago, I wanted him gone, a bit like BZT, could not see what they could ever offer us.

Shows I now sfa about list development. At the moment they both have a role to play and whilst Guelfi is no star, he will bust his arse to make a difference on field.

We don't have enough with his endeavor on the list.

Wouldn’t have thought too many clubs were banging down the door to get him. Yes, he’s hard at it. What could we have possibly got for him ? Late third ?
why do we have to aim to trade everyone? can’t we be satisfied that we’ve got a player that can play a role on the team currently?

18 months ago, I wanted him gone, a bit like BZT, could not see what they could ever offer us.

Shows I now sfa about list development. At the moment they both have a role to play and whilst Guelfi is no star, he will bust his arse to make a difference on field.

We don't have enough with his endeavor on the list.
When you watch finals teams, every one has that role player who, despite being unskilled will do "whatever it takes" (pardon the pun), Tigers had guys like Baker, Swans of yesteryear had Ben McGlynn, Dees had Tom Sparrow etc. etc.

We unfortunately have 2 - 3 often playing in the one team (Guelfi, Snelling, Durham, but has potential to be better than a role player tbf).

2 years is about right. Probably one of the better list management decisions we've made for a while. 3 = to long, 1 year and we'd be in the same predicament as this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team has that guy who you look at on grand final day and wonder why is he there and then when the siren goes seeing his tenacity and hunger for the contest as evidence for selection. Guelfi is our Liam Picken, gives 110% every. single. game

Due reward for seriously turning things around, we obviously play e emphasis on certain parameters but it's rich reward for his hard work

0f4bd78e35045bb733f7581ad46516fe.jpg

Railway Stakes, Ascot race course

Remove this Banner Ad

Back