Past Dan Hannebery - traded 2018, to St Kilda for packet of Samboys (BBQ)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear on the news Swans offering 800k for 4 years with a clause for 5. Has this been on the table all season or just if late?

According to what I've heard reported that's what the Saints are offering. He's under contract already with us, I doubt we're offering him anything new.

Yeah he said this:

What a little *******!!! He is deliberately driving the price down for the Tainteds.

If we are stuck with him, he can cut up the oranges and limp messages out for the ressies.

What a little *******!!! He is deliberately driving the price down for the Tainteds.

If we are stuck with him, he can cut up the oranges and limp messages out for the ressies.

Is he?
Maybe he is driving the price down because he knows we won't accept a dud deal. Voila. He gets to stay a Swan.

Well he has a choice.
He gets to play alongside all those Saints legends he mentioned in the interview(better throw in one of these in case someone doesn't get it):rolleyes:, or he stays a Swan & gets to play alongside some legends.

Everything else he said fairly strongly suggested he would be fine staying at the Swans, I wouldn't read sabotage into that comment. Just a bit of unwise realism, and acknowledging that St Kilda are taking a risk by offering 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its starting to sound like the most likely pick we get is a second rounder because we dont have a tonne of leverage despite him being contracted for 3 more years. I personally think he should be worth at least a pick in the mid teens because the chances of getting a player of his current level at pick 15 ish is not high. In saying that you can unearth the next nat fyfe for a pick in the late teens.

I'll tell you what if hanners goes, knows he's cooked, we get a good trade for him and he doesn't recapture his form and left for the good of the club (and his wallet) his legacy grows even further. Already a star but that'd be something extra.
Im the total opposite, i have enjoyed Hannebery since he first played, i hope we get something good for him and i hope he returns to full fitness, could never want to see someone who has bled red and white like him not return to his best.

Hope its a win win trade.

its starting to sound like the most likely pick we get is a second rounder because we dont have a tonne of leverage despite him being contracted for 3 more years. I personally think he should be worth at least a pick in the mid teens because the chances of getting a player of his current level at pick 15 ish is not high. In saying that you can unearth the next nat fyfe for a pick in the late teens.

That would involve St Kilda actually having a Second Round pick.
As it stands they have pick 3, then then next pick is 57.

west coast has two second round picks and one of them is gold coasts.
if they get that for hickey they could on trade it ti us for hanners.

Just been on the Aints threads where they implied he was into things other than alcohol. At least they also admitted that they owe us for helping with the Carlisle trade as well as Schneider and Dempster trades. We've always been extremely generous during the trade periods, let's hope we finally get some good karma.
The Saints have NEVER been generous back though. With Membrey they refused to even sit down so he went in the preseason.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Saints have NEVER been generous back though. With Membrey they refused to even sit down so he went in the preseason.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Tainteds are second only to the Dopers in being difficult to deal with.

Hanners goes for the best deal we can get. If the Dogs or Pies offer a better deal for us, he goes to either or he can stfu and stay.

Apparently*, he has said he will only talk to the Saints and that he is very impressed with their list. If this is true, he must eat the same muesli as Treloar coz, he's spouting crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back