Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Our best recruit for next year will be - Dustin Martin!!!

After a full preseason and time to strengthen his mental outlook, Dusty will have a point to prove in 2023. Next year could the last year he plays with his great mate Cotchin and possibly Jack too. He will want to give them the send off Selwood received in his final game.

Dusty is also a proud competitor. 2022 will not sit well with him for many reasons. He will be keen to reclaim his legacy and ensure the last few years of his reign is awe inspiring.

I'm expecting Dusty has headed off on holidays to reinvigorate himself before returning to training. I think we should expect a year from dusty to rival his 2017, carrying this club through finals again to claim the flag. Nothing else would be enough for him.

Dusty to be a 60 goal FF next year with cameos in the middle
I expect more than a cameo midfield role from Dusty. His strength was his ability through the midfield as a superstar link up player first and then a high impact player when sent forward. His role shouldn’t be changed. Let’s just get his mind back on the job. With TT, Hopper and Dusty we’ll have 3 absolute guns to add to the midfield.

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what most people thought about Edwards. The end can come quickly for some. Hopefully he still has a few years left in him.

Edwards just became slow as a wet week. Dusty has always been slowish, strength was his key weapon. Leigh Matthews, Ricciuto and Brad Johnson all ended their careers as leading forwards. If Dusty can add overhead marking as a real weapon, no defender in the league could stop him kicking 2-3 goals a week and setting up plenty others. There'll be days where he's unstoppable and will kick bags. He's already stated he wants to be like Tom Brady and play on forever. 1 on 1 he's rarely beaten and imagine him coming out of the square with MRJ, Bolton and/ or Judson buzzing around for crumbs. Dusty's a proud man who will have a massive point to prove. Taranto and Hopper are going to be very good for Dusty. Club would've noted how Gary Ablett Jr was flogged in his later years and would expect him to be rested for certain games and reduced minutes priming him for pointy end of season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back