Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

3 highly respected Australian judges looked at the same evidence and dismissed it so quickly and overwhelming ASADAs head was spinning

As this is a Jobe thread, I think we should move this discussion elsewhere. To be honest, it is disrespectful to Jobe to constantly call into question the legality of all of this. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that he was a worthy Brownlow medalist. Similarly, there is no doubt in anyone's mind but yours that he showed enormous ethics by returning it. A true champion.

Yeah, let's just do things all year round to remind them of the worst period of their lives.

At the end of the day what is done is done. I hate it, you hate it, Jobe hates it but all you can do now is laugh at it, take the piss out of the situation and move on. It is the Australian way. No one would expect Jobe to keep the ******* thing. And knowing Jobe I think he would get a giggle out of it.

My tip. He will play his best year of footy he has ever played next year.
Better than first eight rounds of 2011 even? I consider that his pinnacle and if he tops that, I'd be surprised but of course delighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than first eight rounds of 2011 even? I consider that his pinnacle and if he tops that, I'd be surprised but of course delighted.

People have short memories.

'The drugs made him good', they would have to have been some bloody good drugs to somehow turn him into an elite player 12 months in advance.

He was leading the Brownlow up until he popped his string against Brisbane wasn't he?

People have short memories.

'The drugs made him good', they would have to have been some bloody good drugs to somehow turn him into an elite player 12 months in advance.

He was leading the Brownlow up until he popped his string against Brisbane wasn't he?
Yep, from memory.

He also won the Crichton in 2009 and 2010. If he'd not popped his hammy in 2011, we'd be talking about a player who won four consecutive Crichtons.

So Jobe has lost the passion and might not play on according to the HS. Giving the back the medal has stuffed him by the sounds of it and who can blame him.
I'm not sure I'm buying that. He would have known he'd be giving it back or having it stripped. He's not naive.

The quotes from Woosh were a little unsettling though. I really hope he doesn't give in to the haters.

I'm not sure I'm buying that. He would have known he'd be giving it back or having it stripped. He's not naive.

The quotes from Woosh were a little unsettling though. I really hope he doesn't give in to the haters.
I'd like to hear the press conference. Sometimes context is key.

Last edited:
Either way the media have had some part to play on this whole thing if it is the case. First it was will he wont he play on, then when he announced he will continue to play on they then wrote an article every single ******* day on why he should and will lose the medal. Give it a ******* rest, these campaigners don't for one second consider the fact that jobe is a human being with feelings just like us. They have no respect for anyone and it's an absolute joke. I refuse to buy any print media now and urge everyone else to do the same. They get away with so much and it's so wrong.

I blame alot on the AFL and the way they handled the whole handing back his brownlow then a few days later them making a big deal about awarding it to those other dickwads for all the world to see. It would be like breaking up with ur missus of 4 years then watching her sleep with someone else on TV. I dont blame the bloke for feeling the way he does. Not much motivation at the moment id say.

Either way the media have had some part to play on this whole thing if it is the case. First it was will he wont he play on, then when he announced he will continue to play on they then wrote an article every single ******* day on why he should and will lose the medal. Give it a ******* rest, these campaigners don't for one second consider the fact that jobe is a human being with feelings just like us. They have no respect for anyone and it's an absolute joke. I refuse to buy any print media now and urge everyone else to do the same. They get away with so much and it's so wrong.

campaigners the lot of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back