Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a Bradbury moment for Cotchin and Mitchel.
Still, I reckon I'd take the win if I was them. Both great players who had good years in 2012. Good on them.
Watson still has unfinished business and a premiership medal is worth 22 brownlows.

Bit of a Bradbury moment for Cotchin and Mitchel.
Still, I reckon I'd take the win if I was them. Both great players who had good years in 2012. Good on them.
Watson still has unfinished business and a premiership medal is worth 22 brownlows.
When I read that the Ox said that he hopes Jobe wins the brownlow next year, I immediately thought that that says so much about the culture of Melbourne fc even in the 90s/early 00s.

* brownlows, I hope, as unlikely as it may be, that Jobe can finish his career with a premiership medal.

Reckon Mitchell is still complaining he was robbed of the under 11's B and F at Donvale - He's that type of guy - Despite the wish of Mod's to limit saga talk this will still go on and on in the media - And we have the Dank's appeal to the AFL's hearing at the AFL's Anti-Doping Appeal Tribunal which will be televised.

Reckon Mitchell is still complaining he was robbed of the under 11's B and F at Donvale - He's that type of guy - Despite the wish of Mod's to limit saga talk this will still go on and on in the media - And we have the Dank's appeal to the AFL's hearing at the AFL's Anti-Doping Appeal Tribunal which will be televised.
Yep and the thread is still there on the history board for those that wish to pick the bones. I think we'd just like to focus on moving forward now. There's a lot of exciting stuff happening at the moment.

Yep and the thread is still there on the history board for those that wish to pick the bones. I think we'd just like to focus on moving forward now. There's a lot of exciting stuff happening at the moment.

Couldn't find the thread for a few days - Now I know where to go.

I know the mods have deleted the trolls efforts, but I did actually respond and I think we're better off leaving it there as a demonstration of his ignorance, yeah?

It's up to you, but that would be my preference. Response was as follows:

oh boy, here we go. You really shouldn't talk about s**t you have no idea about. The clue is in the very link you provided. That is the 2015 AFL Anti Doping Code. You see, it's there in your link. Jobe Watson's penalties fell under the previous version of the AFL Anti Doping Code, and unfortunately for you and your big mouth, that section doesn't exist in the 2010 AFL Anti Doping Code under which any sanctions of Watson would occur. You know, retrospective penalties aren't actually a thing?

Not only that, but the fact that you bluster in here and make an assertion like that, and yet inexplicably somehow fail to provide any actual charge, or statement, or anything at all that indicates he was disqualified under the AFL Anti Doping Code outside of your own mistaken assumption as shown above.

Not only THAT, but Watson wasn't stripped of anything - he handed it back.

The funniest thing is, that all of this was explained in the post you responded to, and clearly didn't read, or skimmed at best. It was all there for you...

So I'd suggest next time you want to make a point against somehow who has put a lot of time into actually, you know, understanding this s**t, maybe you should have a think about it first eh? There's a good chap
I feel like I've missed most of your best work by sticking to the Essendon board...

I do tend to do my best work out in the badlands, bringing the gospel of common sense to the foaming heathens

Lance Uppercut is a shared resource. He brings logic, reason and intelligence everywhere he posts.

On Jobe's Brownlow.......Not sure it matters anymore but I think that most Brownlow nights are disappointing. Firstly, everyone, regardless of alliances, want Carlton players to win (and preposterously, they seem not to win). I recall very clearly feeling pretty good about Jobe winning his medal. Champion player for a long time. Clearly a guy of integrity, thoughtful and honest; importantly, an absolute champion of the game for many years leading up to 2012 and following it. Everything you want for whom the highest award in the sport should be bestowed upon. Then the "saga" and the emotional rollercoaster that followed it. Yes, you guys felt it most intensely, but all followers of football were affected by it.
Jobe had been good enough for long enough to deserve his medal. And again, just to underline his integrity, he just handed it back. The Essendon football club has failed Jobe. You have failed all of us. As an outsider, Jobe is exactly the sort of player we want winning these awards and now he has not. I think this is a great tragedy that had some Amy Winehouse inevitability about it. We are all sad that our sport has treated a champion of it in this way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Essendon football club has failed Jobe.

Can't argue with that. To let down a guy who has grown up a Bomber and son of a legend, just really brings it home.
Makes it more amazing that just about all of them have returned. Can't dwell though, 2017 and onwards...

... The Essendon football club has failed Jobe. You have failed all of us. ...
sorry bro - never really thought about that. the last four years must have been terrible for you.

Sorry mate. When you put that one statement in bold and remove it from the rest of the post it does seem really harsh. Was not how I meant it. I think you get what i mean though?
yeah - i do. Good point, well made. But, that sentence did stick out like dogs balls!

Can't wait to see him back out there. Jobe has been at the heart of so much of this and has carried more than most players could. I don't know about everyone else, but one of the things that has been the hardest to swallow about the CAS verdict is the fact that the WADA lawyers accused Jobe in particular of lying and revisionism, and the panel agreed with them... and that contributed in some way to the outcome. I understand that "don't you get it, it's Jobe" is not an adequate rebuttal for this kid of thing, but c'mon guys, it's ******* Jobe.

Can't wait to see him back out there. Jobe has been at the heart of so much of this and has carried more than most players could. I don't know about everyone else, but one of the things that has been the hardest to swallow about the CAS verdict is the fact that the WADA lawyers accused Jobe in particular of lying and revisionism, and the panel agreed with them... and that contributed in some way to the outcome. I understand that "don't you get it, it's Jobe" is not an adequate rebuttal for this kid of thing, but c'mon guys, it's ******* Jobe.

I would love to see a huge contingent of Essendon supporters attend training and present Jobe with an oversized paper-mache brownlow medal and have a mocked up presentation.
Let him know we love him and he is still a champion to us, add some humour to the situation and send a * you to Gil and Fitzy from the supporters. ( not a club endorsed thing just a grass roots response).

My God. They've got what they wanted now they're going after his AA.

Comes across that way but I have met him a few times over the years and it is certainly not the impression you get when you talk to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back