Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sam Mitchell won and was then found guilty of performance drugs, would you want it to go to Jobe if he came runner up?

No I wouldn't considering the tenuous circumstances,
just a further slap in the face for a guy who 100% feels he's not guilty and the brownlow is rightfully his

So did they go thru all games ESS players polled votes in then adjust the votes to the best non ESS player. Eg if jobe got 3 and Murphy got 2 in a game did Murphy then get 3 votes. And what happened to player that was 4th best in the game who should have scored a vote?

So did they go thru all games ESS players polled votes in then adjust the votes to the best non ESS player. Eg if jobe got 3 and Murphy got 2 in a game did Murphy then get 3 votes. And what happened to player that was 4th best in the game who should have scored a vote?
When someone is ineligible they still get all their votes, and the other players in the same game get the votes originally allocated (no upgrades). Ineligible players just can't win at the end. The same principle was applied here, so the runners up are next in line for the award.

If Mitchell and Cotchin are both keen to accept the medal rather than standup for a fellow footballer they can both live with it knowing their medal is really Jobes and they really weren't good enough that season

If they were as classy as Jobe, they would've said 'no thanks'. Weak *****

All that clean air...

Another few players to boo when we play the Eagles and Tigers. :thumbsu:
Like the CAS decision or not it is pretty much clean air these days. Most of the players stayed and are looking forward to the season. List looks great. The media is pretty much over it and are either looking forward to the footy or waiting for another scandal. Compo is pretty much done so now it's about returning to a healthy economic position. The club got as much out of 2016 as they possibly could. The Brownlow was the last chapter and, all in all, it's ended about as well as it could. The only things that are interfering with clean air are some spiteful dickheads on the main board or plonkers in here going on about clean air and most don't listen to them anymore.

I said months ago that if it was me personally I would have just walked in and tossed it back. Yes a difficult decision but no one can take the actual year away or the fact he was up the front on the night.

There is one thing that continues to annoy and that is the nuffies who keep saying they should have stripped it a long time ago. Was talking to a bloke tonight and he was going on about it and I asked well how could they ? and he asked what did I mean. I said it was simple, until all appeals where done they could not act. They could hardly take it away and then give it back if they won the appeal as unlikely as the appeal win was. In the end the decision could have only been made in the last 5 or so weeks.

Too many dickheads who do not bother with all the facts or at least finding a few facts. Idiots like DC on SEN who take a hard line stance despite a lot of evidence that say otherwise and can not concede that ok they have been found guilty but some aspects are questionable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Cotchin, Brownlow medallist.

Try saying that out loud without laughing.

I think it puts them in a hard position as well. Drawn into something that they had absolute zero control over.

Mitchell is a deadset liar to go with every other thing he is

Trent Cotchin and Shane Woewodin.

Both sqibs that will always be brownlow medallists.

Both not worthy to crawl through a river of s**t just to lick the toe nail clipping from Jobes little left toe.

Come on guys. There's no point hating on Cotchin or Mitchell over this (as much as I dislike Mitchell for other reasons).
Shut up Doss theres plenty of point. When Cotchin actually gets a hard ball or moves the ball Richmonds way in general he might get some admiration.

Facts remain he is a squib and my previous statement remains true.

Plus Mitchell is a dog. Lloyd got the wrong Hawk.

Now c'mon Doss man. Nows not the time for marriage equality.

Speaking of marriage. Has Cotchins missus come out and defended poor twrenty this week? Marriage on the rocks? #womansday

Shut up Doss theres plenty of point. When Cotchin actually gets a hard ball or moves the ball Richmonds way in general he might get some admiration.

Facts remain he is a squib and my previous statement remains true.

Plus Mitchell is a dog. Lloyd got the wrong Hawk.
You can call Cotchin many things, but soft isn't one of them. He gets plenty of hard ball, over 10 CP a game IIRC

Turn it around and think for a minute if one of our players ran second to someone who was later rubbed out. As much as I dislike Mitchell for his onfield antics, I have nothing against him as a person. Cotchin from all account is a good person, so I don't begrudge either of them receiving it. It's just sad that it was our club that got itself into this mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back