Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

The acurate one old mate with the good oil again...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah he doesn't get it wrong, he was telling me about the 90's end of seasons trips just last yesterday, oh boy !

Really think Ford will be a very good footballer, and we *en need a few of these later picks to help us claw back some ground we lost with butchering second rounders, Polecs and now TT.

Interesting that on the TAB app, you can’t select Eddie Ford to kick a goal. Is that a sign that we can expect him to be the Sub, or that they’ve just forgotten about him? I would have thought if he plays a full game he’s a good chance to kick at least one goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least his inclusion is a massive show of faith from match selection. Serious ankle injury late December, no senior games and he’s straight back in.

Wasn’t there a concern at one stage he wasnt the hardest trainer? Seems like he’s lifted in that area.
Exactly this. He comes off injury and walks straight in, very telling.

I love Eddie Ford so have absolutely no issues with this btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed to have forgotten how to play football in the first quarter, but he swiftly recovered. Some nagging feeling tells me we're not using him as well as we could be, but I have no ******* clue what that change would involve

I'd like him to have more time in the midfield / wings.

Good things (tend to) happen when he is around the ball.

Loved the play which led to Larkey's goal and his neat contested mark on the wing.

Give him more opportunities to be mercurial.

With his aerial presence could he play as a defender.

Left field but could he play a role similar to Goater where he can play on smalls and mediums?

Sounds like they have earmarked Brayden George to go back which might be the solution?

Last edited:
With his aerial presence could he play as a defender.

Left field but could he play a role similar to Goater where he can play ok smalls and mediums?

Sounds like they have earmarked Brayden George to go back which might be the solution?

I think he’d go okay as a loose intercepting defending, but I don’t think he’d go real well having to play man on man.

Thought he was pretty good today other than The Incident (* he looked so shattered after that). Was relatively happy considering the lack of pre-season. Wasn't sure if I was being biased in a positive way, but looks like others have the same consensus. Looking forward to see him in many more games this year!

I'd like him to have more time in the midfield / wings.

Good things (tend to) happen when he is around the ball.

Loved the play which led to Larkey's goal and his neat contested mark on the wing.

Give him more opportunities to be mercurial.
Exactly. He brings other players into the game. Had a hand in 3 goals in the first half - the * up was what it was, but he doesn’t need a heap of touches to impact a game. Clear beat 22.

Last edited:
Has swag. He will be eager for absolution this weekend.

would love him to get a full game, but think he can impact hugely as a sub as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back