Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with he’d probably make a good half back. (Sicily call is a good one I think, maybe not as skilled but definitely in the same mould)

But isn’t what we hate as north supporters when coaches try things for no reason ?

He’s a medium forward, arguably one of the hardest positions to play and influence the game from. A position where young players especially find difficult because they are neither a focal point/target or have the experience to resist kick chasing and breaking structure (fear of being dropped, confidence etc.)

Despite the nature of his position, he’s managed to always impact the game, find goals and bob up when been quiet for periods of time. Has flair, confidence and a knack for doing really mercurial things in the air an ground.

I’m not against him being trialled elsewhere, but surely only if he’s struggling in his role which I don’t think anyone who watches our VFL and AFL sides enough to have a basic idea would think.

I love him and think he’s a gun, should of played a lot more this season and I think he and PC can play in the same side.

Just my 2c 👍🏼

Another 6ft 3 CHF. Not sure where his future lies tbh.

Suppose like the majority of our list he needs to improve his endurance, looking at his draft bio it stated he had bursts in the midfield. That is a non negotiable in today's footy, has two years to run on his contract so has time on his side.
Taken #56 in the draft, so was speculative and could replace JZ in the fwd half. He certainly has ability, could be one to watch under Clarko.

Suppose like the majority of our list he needs to improve his endurance, looking at his draft bio it stated he had bursts in the midfield. That is a non negotiable in today's footy, has two years to run on his contract so has time on his side.
Taken #56 in the draft, so was speculative and could replace JZ in the fwd half. He certainly has ability, could be one to watch under Clarko.
problem is we have a couple of his type in zooohar and curtis IMO, let alone if we get sheezel in too.
I love eddie and his grunt on field but he's gotta bust his guts to get a consistent spot next year.

problem is we have a couple of his type in zooohar and curtis IMO, let alone if we get sheezel in too.
I love eddie and his grunt on field but he's gotta bust his guts to get a consistent spot next year.
Yep

Larkey, Curtis, Zurhaar, TT, Spicer, Comben, CCJ, JZ, JHF, Phillips, Cunners they can all play fwd and a fair few can rotate through the middle.

He should've been given an extended crack this year when Ziebell was out of form...

I'm confident Eddie will make it, he just needs to take his endurance to the next level. As a junior he showed some really impressive signs when he played through the midfield, so it really irritates me that he has never been given that opportunity at VFL level.

Have heard from two seperate sources:
Did not like Noble. Had him playing in a way that didn’t suit his natural style & was basically told to hold back, more than playing to his strengths & using creative flare.
Told his manager wanted out.

Assuming this isn’t an issue now that Nobes is gone. See he’s in Bali with the lads right now.

569E92A7-F1B4-4C8F-86B3-24FB8BE0D0C7.jpeg

Fingers crossed he’s given an opportunity now to play to his strengths under a better structure & guidance from Clarko. Hopefully he can have a breakout season in 2023.

Did not like Noble. Had him playing in a way that didn’t suit his natural style & was basically told to hold back, more than playing to his strengths & using creative flare.

Assuming this isn’t an issue now that Nobes is gone. See he’s in Bali with the lads right now.

View attachment 1500599

Fingers crossed he’s given an opportunity now to play to his strengths under a better structure & guidance from Clarko. Hopefully he can have a breakout season in 2023.

Wish Bonar could stick that close to an opponent.

Glad to see bottom right one of the fathers came along to keep an eye of the boys while they enjoy a well deserved break. Can't be easy being the worst side in the comp two years running.

On point- Nobles aye!

View attachment 1500599

No bailey Scott? Or he taking the pic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1500599

Thanks for posting that, love that shot. Always great to see the lads enjoying each other's company.

Disappointed Jason isn't with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back