Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him 30 games and he'll pass Zurhaar.

He itches to get involved. Can't say that about all of his teammates.

Puzzling that he spent the first 10 minutes of the last quarter on the bench after kicking those two third quarter goals.
He may already have passed zurhaar. I would like to see him back on the wing,

I don’t rekon Clarkson rates something about Elvis. Last year it was Rats who backed him in and gave him his chance - now this year he is kicking us goals but starting the very next quarter with big minutes on the bench, not to mention started as sub last two games.

I don’t rekon Clarkson rates something about Elvis. Last year it was Rats who backed him in and gave him his chance - now this year he is kicking us goals but starting the very next quarter with big minutes on the bench, not to mention started as sub last two games.
Agreed - dunno what Clarko doesn't like about him, but it does seem like there's something. Same as Will Phil. Wonder what it is...

Tucker does not offer enough on the wing. In fact, it's hurting us at this point.

Play Ford there in a wing/HFF role. Literally cannot get any worse than it is. Our senior options suck.
* that.

Scott and Stephens are the best wingers we have.

Ford is a great forward flanker, but he can't hold structure on the wing. He's just not a good enough runner. Its literally the number one KPI for a decent winger these days.

He is Sleevo's replacement.

The sub move does make sense because he does have the capacity to play wing for a quarter or be the extra number up forward.

Just that I'd rather we have him out there doing the damage when the game is in the balance. Not when it's already a tough ask.

I’m guessing Clarko’s reluctance to play Fordy for the full game is off his injury interrupted preseason. I’m hoping he regains full confidence in him sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indictment on Clarko and the coaching staff that he wasn't in the best 22 to start the season, he's had to force himself into the side.

He may be the best half forward at the club, let alone talking about how good he also is up the ground on the wing.

The fact that Clarko still has that chancer Stephens ahead of him on a wing is ridiculous.

17 other coaches would love to get their hands on Eddie.

3rd time in 7 games Eddie has had 19+ disposals. With smatterings of sub appearances in those 7 games. And he's averaging 1.6 goals per game in that period.

You have to go back 15 games for Zurhaar to do it, he's also kicked 0.6 goals per game in that period.

Last edited:
Indictment on Clarko and the coaching staff that he wasn't in the best 22 to start the season, he's had to force himself into the side.

He may be the best half forward at the club, let alone talking about how good he also is up the ground on the wing.

The fact that Clarko still has that chancer Stephens ahead of him on a wing is ridiculous.

17 other coaches would love to get their hands on Eddie.

3rd time in 7 games Eddie has had 19+ disposals. With smatterings of sub appearances in those 7 games. And he's averaging 1.6 goals per game in that period.

You have to go back 15 games for Zurhaar to do it, he's also kicked 0.6 goals per game in that period.
Was coming off an injury pre-season, no surprises he wasn't best 22 a couple games to get match fitness in the VFL is fine.

Like to see him teamed up with Cooper once fit. Kid has a good pre-season and for a player his size, like Eddie he can actually take a mark. Sure Coop's would have been a chance v Geelong / Dawks if not injured before Blake.

Was coming off an injury pre-season, no surprises he wasn't best 22 a couple games to get match fitness in the VFL is fine.

Not to mention he was in the round one side despite the injury.

Mate, you're a great poster, but this is just completely wrong, as two fellow posters have illustrated.

Not to mention he was in the round one side despite the injury.

It seems that when you turn against someone, you turn hard and hammer them every chance you get. If you're turning (or have turned) on Clarko, can I request that you keep the criticism to the "sack Clarksons" thread so most of us are spared reading it? Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back