Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not like he would be finding out just via somebody pinning the team list on a wall.
It would be a discussion & he’d be aware of why he’s having another week in the two’s.
I agree with some of the above & assume it’s being eased back/fitness/also the trip to Darwin.
Surely he’s one Clarko, Viney & co want to keep around.

View attachment 1984272
Based on last year he’s someone they’ve identified as very important. So yeah, I doubt he’s sitting shocked on a Thursday evening like fans are. And I don’t think I’m owed an explanation about every player every week. We’ll be able to judge how they’ve handled individuals and the team down the track.

Best guess is that he had some specific KPI/metrics he was meant to be hitting in games (something like X forward pressues, Y meters run) or something that he hasn't hit and perhaps they want to see him hit those metrics in the VFL before coming back?

I'm clutching at straws here because not sure what else the justification could be.

Factoring in ford was subbed out against hawthorn after injury. And I think he was the starting sub in 1 game, he’s over twice the ave goals of sleevo. More tackles. Way less game time.

I don’t get how sleevo is infront of ford, who almost won us the game last week in the vfl

Best guess is that he had some specific KPI/metrics he was meant to be hitting in games (something like X forward pressues, Y meters run) or something that he hasn't hit and perhaps they want to see him hit those metrics in the VFL before coming back?

I'm clutching at straws here because not sure what else the justification could be.
All of that may be true, but if it is, it suggests that some are being held to different standards. I'd love to know what it was about Jaidyn Stephenson's 12 touches a game in the VFL that were so impressive that he was recalled, for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he’s clear best 22. Had an interrupted preseason no? Maybe they are just trying to build his fitness by playing him in a lower intensity comp. Surely he’s back in at Marvel next week. I’ll deadset go ballistic if for some reason we don’t rate him and he wants out. But I seriously can’t imagine that. He’s a natural.

That's what we are waiting for - to do their jobs.

I don't know what the hell they are doing this season but they aren't doing football very well.

I believe they are, but you can't expect overnight miracles - this will likely take the majority of clarko's contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back