Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie thread on page 4 ! 🤔

Watcher's, how's he tracking ?

Looking decent.

Market corrected somewhat by JHF who likely takes his spot.

I think he starts in the VFL, but he will be putting plenty of pressure on JHF, Sleevo, Bull and others.

Medium forward is arguably our strongest position.

IF JHF just demands more midfield minutes, he is the next cap off the rank to fill his role at HFF.

Looking decent.

Market corrected somewhat by JHF who likely takes his spot.

I think he starts in the VFL, but he will be putting plenty of pressure on JHF, Sleevo, Bull and others.

Medium forward is arguably our strongest position.

IF JHF just demands more midfield minutes, he is the next cap off the rank to fill his role at HFF.
I thought he looked lively last Friday - in the match and general training.

He offers something different in the forward 50 with zip, marking ability and a willingness to 'take them on'.

I had him in the starting forward line but as you say I think he has now been squeezed out of 'best 22' line ups with the options we have up there.

Next cab off the rank however and he should expect to get quite a few games this year.

Plays best 22 for me.
Guys like Curtis and Scott are pushed out before him
Taylor's well ahead of Ford imo. I love Fordy, but Curtis is more creative, more versatile and can rotate up the ground. Fordy is the one who's going to struggle the most out of our medium forwards because he's probably the only one outside of Cam that doesn't play up the ground, and so is directly competing with Cam for his spot.

Taylor's well ahead of Ford imo. I love Fordy, but Curtis is more creative, more versatile and can rotate up the ground. Fordy is the one who's going to struggle the most out of our medium forwards because he's probably the only one outside of Cam that doesn't play up the ground, and so is directly competing with Cam for his spot.
Taylor looks like he will be playing off a wing this year.

Taylor looks like he will be playing off a wing this year.
Yep. Ive said before that I thought he looked really promising rotating through the wing later last year, and with Frog gone there's a lot of wing minutes available now. Obviously Jason comes in and Polec is apparently having a great preseason, but there's an opportunity for someone like Taylor to make it his own IMO without any clear wingers outside of Polec on the list.

Yep. Ive said before that I thought he looked really promising rotating through the wing later last year, and with Frog gone there's a lot of wing minutes available now. Obviously Jason comes in and Polec is apparently having a great preseason, but there's an opportunity for someone like Taylor to make it his own IMO without any clear wingers outside of Polec on the list.
Interestingly Powell played there exclusively during the intraclub last week, so competition is tight. Lachie Young, Polec, Powell and Taylor all on the wings.

Half forwards were Lazzaro, Mahoney, Ford, Curtis, Scott, Stephenson with Thomas and JHF starting on ball and shifting forward. Lazz and Stevo got a run on the ball at times too. Zurhaar more a second tall.

Plays best 22 for me.
Guys like Curtis and Scott are pushed out before him
I've liked both contributions even though they're mutually exclusive, because we're in a good spot when young players who have shown a bit are competing for spots; bring it on

I agree with Taylor being well ahead of Eddie although the addition of Lynch into the coaching group might be to help round out a guy like Ford's game and have in involved in more scoring chains up the field. I think the club finally had enough of enigmatic low possession flankers. If a guy like Eddie gets 15 possessions and one or two big sausages then it's a big win

I know I’m biased here…. But Curtis Taylor way ahead of Eddie?? Really??
Ford’s game against the Swans in his third game at the level is better than anything Taylor has produced.

I know I’m biased here…. But Curtis Taylor way ahead of Eddie?? Really??
Ford’s game against the Swans in his third game at the level is better than anything Taylor has produced.

I stand with you brother and thought the same.

No disrespect to Curtis but he's the player I'm least convinced by in our senior side. I see some nice movement at times, a good kick-mark cameo here and there but don't see where the best fit and complete game for him will come from.

Eddie on the other hand looks a potential gamebreaker a la Zurhaar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back