Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it a shame that JHF isn't out on the piss for a week on end in Bali, instead choosing to visit his family? Jeez we find some odd things to be disappointed about here.

That was me who said that. There's been constant speculation about his long term devotion to the club so seeing him go away in his own time with the playing group would've been a nice filip to those who want to believe he's here for the long haul.

Not begrudging him being able to spend the time back with family and did note almost all the Bali crew are Vic boys who don't have to spend the season away from theirs.

Fwiw there's nothing to say he's drinking or not drinking with mates back in SA himself.

That was me who said that. There's been constant speculation about his long term devotion to the club so seeing him go away in his own time with the playing group would've been a nice filip to those who want to believe he's here for the long haul.

Not begrudging him being able to spend the time back with family and did note almost all the Bali crew are Vic boys who don't have to spend the season away from theirs.

Fwiw there's nothing to say he's drinking or not drinking with mates back in SA himself.

Bowling with the GF today it seems.

On the contrary I hope the playing group respect those boundaries and his choices on how to spend his off season. Makes it all the more likely we'll keep him IMO.

Those necklaces are hideous 🤣
Yeh the Hawaiian 90s era necklaces are a bit weird. Joke gone too far lol

Just a reminder that these guys are all probably single and have no partners so have no idea what’s fashionable and looks good.

Yeh the Hawaiian 90s era necklaces are a bit weird. Joke gone too far lol

Just a reminder that these guys are all probably single and have no partners so have no idea what’s fashionable and looks good.
and fit footballers who don't need to be fashionable. Not looking like you care is half the appeal. I bumped into Shannon Grant, Adam Simpson, Glenn Freeborn and ???? in Phuket in October 1998 and man they did not need to worry about how they looked. Curate the list down from 'every female' in the club to top 5 and go from there . . .

I also failed miserably at trying to be Shagga's drinking partner :sick:

and fit footballers who don't need to be fashionable. Not looking like you care is half the appeal. I bumped into Shannon Grant, Adam Simpson, Glenn Freeborn and ???? in Phuket in October 1998 and man they did not need to worry about how they looked. Curate the list down from 'every female' in the club to top 5 and go from there . . .

I also failed miserably at trying to be Shagga's drinking partner :sick:

Yeh having a six pack and a tan generally covers any poor fashion decisions.

Well that's what The acurate one tells me anyway. I should probably try it.

Said it many times but bailey Scott is a bit of a recluse for a young lad

Sticks to himself
Lets hypothesize for a moment. If Scott was to be traded, who would you become utterly obsessed with bagging every second of every day on here?

Do you have a succession plan already worked out? or is there some changing of the guard ritual complete with smoke signals etc?

Lets hypothesize for a moment. If Scott was to be traded, who would you become utterly obsessed with bagging every second of every day on here?

Do you have a succession plan already worked out? or is there some changing of the guard ritual complete with smoke signals etc?
It's Mahony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A whipping boy conclave? I like it 👍

problem is we have a couple of his type in zooohar and curtis IMO, let alone if we get sheezel in too.
I love eddie and his grunt on field but he's gotta bust his guts to get a consistent spot next year.
Injuries hurt him this year. Started the season well but his progress was hampered. Hopefully, with a clear run and no injuries, he will find a spot in the forward half. Has something about him. Stevie J the.

Has really got to step up in 2023 because it's looking like he won't be playing seniors for a very long time.
Sheezel gets a game before him and he's not even joined the team yet.
Forward line spots are at a premium and sadly Eddie has cashed out.

I was going through some VFL stats earlier and was reminded of his round one BOG performance against Williamstown.

19 disposals, 10 marks, 5 goals, and one behind. In a 102 to 78 win. You can watch the highlights here.

He then gets brought into the senior side and struggles to do much in his two games which we lost by a combined 176 points. His games were poor, but he spent a lot of time on the bench and his numbers aren't that far off our other forwards who were struggling to get involved in those games.

He then gets a foot injury at training and comes back into the VFL 5-6 weeks later, where he flounders and has VFL form that's not only worse than his game against Williamstown, but is worse than his 2021 numbers. In his last four VFL games last year and his first this year, he kicked 11 goals and had 16+ disposals every game. After his return, he had 16 disposals once (averaged 11.5) and kicked 10 goals in 8 games.

If you're looking for a player who could surprise everyone under Clarko's new regime, then I think Ford could be the one. He clearly has the talent and his development curve up to that game against Williamstown had him on track to be a really good player.

There are definitely some spots for grabs up forward in our best-22 and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Ford puts his hand up for one of them. I think you need as many dangerous forwards as you can and if by the end of next year our forward line is Larkey, Zurhaar, Curtis, Ford, Sheezel, and Comben, then I think we'd be in really good hands.

I was going through some VFL stats earlier and was reminded of his round one BOG performance against Williamstown.

19 disposals, 10 marks, 5 goals, and one behind. In a 102 to 78 win. You can watch the highlights here.

He then gets brought into the senior side and struggles to do much in his two games which we lost by a combined 176 points. His games were poor, but he spent a lot of time on the bench and his numbers aren't that far off our other forwards who were struggling to get involved in those games.

He then gets a foot injury at training and comes back into the VFL 5-6 weeks later, where he flounders and has VFL form that's not only worse than his game against Williamstown, but is worse than his 2021 numbers. In his last four VFL games last year and his first this year, he kicked 11 goals and had 16+ disposals every game. After his return, he had 16 disposals once (averaged 11.5) and kicked 10 goals in 8 games.

If you're looking for a player who could surprise everyone under Clarko's new regime, then I think Ford could be the one. He clearly has the talent and his development curve up to that game against Williamstown had him on track to be a really good player.

There are definitely some spots for grabs up forward in our best-22 and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Ford puts his hand up for one of them. I think you need as many dangerous forwards as you can and if by the end of next year our forward line is Larkey, Zurhaar, Curtis, Ford, Sheezel, and Comben, then I think we'd be in really good hands.
This,
And this is how we step off the bottom of the ladder, LDU going from getting 25 to 30 touches a game isn’t going to change us much.
Ford grabbing a spot in the ones, becoming a damaging hff, sticking three or four tackles and kicking two a game, helps us immensely.
We simply don’t have that in the forward half at present.

So much talent. Would suck to see him flounder and drop his value with us only to light it up somewhere else.

He just screams Zurhaar like matchwinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back