Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do those picks gain points value if clubs start passing on their late ones?
Someone may correct me but I have been told yes.

"It's a similar role to what I've been playing at Essendon, run and carry and locking down my opponent.

"Sometimes in footy, you can come out of contract and I felt the best thing for me and my family was to seek a fresh start and a new challenge as well. I'm not sure if my manager spoke to Carlton or the other way around."

Saad would not be drawn when asked about reports stating he was unhappy with his role at the Bombers.

"To be completely honest, I don't look at what's said outside the four walls, it's what my coaches and teammates value, I just play my role to the best of my ability and always give 100 per cent.

"There are always a couple of little things, but I won't make that public."

"It's a similar role to what I've been playing at Essendon, run and carry and locking down my opponent.

"Sometimes in footy, you can come out of contract and I felt the best thing for me and my family was to seek a fresh start and a new challenge as well. I'm not sure if my manager spoke to Carlton or the other way around."

Saad would not be drawn when asked about reports stating he was unhappy with his role at the Bombers.

"To be completely honest, I don't look at what's said outside the four walls, it's what my coaches and teammates value, I just play my role to the best of my ability and always give 100 per cent.

Fresh start? After just 3 years? Piss off

There's something so off about it.
Same role, same money. I’m thinking it must be personality clash, doesn’t like or get along with person(s) in the club.

Happy to let this one be over. He was given a whack on the way out by Richardson which was poor form. There probably was a personality clash with coach/es (we've probably all heard different rumours), but Saady has played a straight bat and said no comment and is moving on. Im fine with that. End of the day he did give his all on field, was always in top physical condition and we sold for a lot higher than we paid for. But yes, of course ill love it if Walla kicks a bag on him or if we can just beat Carlton for the rest of his career. A bit of extra spice now.

money obviously

Same role, same money. I’m thinking it must be personality clash, doesn’t like or get along with person(s) in the club.

Could be as simple as Carlton are on the way up and we're on the way down... 5-year deal could very likely make it his last contract, may just see them as a better chance to win a flag. In three years (when he's 29/30) we'd hoped to have steadied the ship somewhat, where I'd imagine that would be Carlton's timeline for a top 4/flag finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be as simple as Carlton are on the way up and we're on the way down... 5-year deal could very likely make it his last contract, may just see them as a better chance to win a flag. In three years (when he's 29/30) we'd hoped to have steadied the ship somewhat, where I'd imagine that would be Carlton's timeline for a top 4/flag finish.
Really? Simpson gone and yes has been replaced. Murphy still relied on a bit and Betts on his last legs, Curnow is looking as fragile as Joe. I don’t think they’re that far ahead of us if at all. Had a great injury run this year apart from Curnow

Really? Simpson gone and yes has been replaced. Murphy still relied on a bit and Betts on his last legs, Curnow is looking as fragile as Joe. I don’t think they’re that far ahead of us if at all. Had a great injury run this year apart from Curnow

I don't like it, but they're definitely ahead of us now. Their list is starting to look ready for finals, where we're miles off. We need to spend the next 2 years implementing Rutten's game plan and adding/playing youth IMO.

In other words he did not see our future direction as moving up any time soon and after experiencing the GC he has jumped ship to a new club he feels are on the way up and currently have better harmony in the playing group.
Good luck to him.
To be honest if he did not give us a kick in the arse like he did then things may not be this far out in the open.

They are on an upward spiral. I am not saying they are going to go right to the top but right now they have an up and coming playing group and a coach they seem to be playing for.
At the same time we are not sure if the players will play for our coach and have just missed the window and looking to rebuild a bit.
You could not really look at in any other way. Long term who knows. They could reach a level and that is it and we could rebound quickly but right now I would be saying they should finish above us next year.

They are on an upward spiral. I am not saying they are going to go right to the top but right now they have an up and coming playing group and a coach they seem to be playing for.
At the same time we are not sure if the players will play for our coach and have just missed the window and looking to rebuild a bit.
You could not really look at in any other way. Long term who knows. They could reach a level and that is it and we could rebound quickly but right now I would be saying they should finish above us next year.

Honestly if they finished lets say 7th or 8th and we finished 14th. Who really cares. We've finished above them for about 5 years straight and no one gives a toss. We didn't even win a final during that time.

If Carlton win a flag then I care. If they just become a middling side in the top 8 or just outside then big deal.

Also I don't actually think their group is all that good either. Midfield still relies heavily on Curnow and Murphy. They don't bat that deep through the midfield with experienced quality. Now they have gone big on trades and will have the most highly paid trio of half back flankers/back pockets in the league with Dochery, Saad and Williams. Not sure that's the recipe for success.

Saad provides great ammunition for our next meeting, excited where Blues are heading but not Dons? Excited with there list, not ours?
Think the boys will remember that!

Honestly if they finished lets say 7th or 8th and we finished 14th. Who really cares. We've finished above them for about 5 years straight and no one gives a toss. We didn't even win a final during that time.

If Carlton win a flag then I care. If they just become a middling side in the top 8 or just outside then big deal.

Also I don't actually think their group is all that good either. Midfield still relies heavily on Curnow and Murphy. They don't bat that deep through the midfield with experienced quality. Now they have gone big on trades and will have the most highly paid trio of half back flankers/back pockets in the league with Dochery, Saad and Williams. Not sure that's the recipe for success.

So ?
My point was right now they look like a better prospect.
Did not make any other predictions.

18th, 16th, 11th. Not hard to keep going up the ladder in those circumstances. They may even finish top eight next year, but if you look at the acquisitions of a number of clubs ahead of them, Carlton are going to find it tough going doing anything more than that. Just like us for the past few years, I guess.

Anyway, I came here to say I'm going to miss Saady next year. Absolute gun and completely reliable, probably irreplaceable.

18th, 16th, 11th. Not hard to keep going up the ladder in those circumstances. They may even finish top eight next year, but if you look at the acquisitions of a number of clubs ahead of them, Carlton are going to find it tough going doing anything more than that. Just like us for the past few years, I guess.

Anyway, I came here to say I'm going to miss Saady next year. Absolute gun and completely reliable, probably irreplaceable.
Well where did I say they would do anything ?

They are on an upward spiral.

So that means I am saying they will win finals does it ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
They are on an upward spiral and if you bother to read the next line you would have read that I was no predicting anything more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back