Delisted #42: James Gwilt - Not offered 2017 contract - 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I don't see why we need Watson to return - I can only see him being a role player in 2017.
Should provide a good target up forward and add some grunt around the contest. Think its more the fact that he deserves to end his career on a better note

I agree but that does not mean he did not have a shocker.
Well other than the fact he didn't? Brown and Lycett (his men) didn't kick a goal and he was effective when he had the pill

I don't think he's enormously gifted, but he will finish with a career of 155-165 odd games and that is nothing to sneeze at. He's got the most out of himself and we've had far worse players than him over the past two years.

If he does stay on next year, it'd be as depth only I'd hope.
That's it, you got him on the cheap and he's filled a role for a number of years while your younger fellas get up to speed with senior footy.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Well other than the fact he didn't? Brown and Lycett (his men) didn't kick a goal and he was effective when he had the pill

He shirked 3 contests that I remember when he was clearly the guy who had to go third man up. Every time it directly led to a goal.

Brown missed some absolute sitters yet still managed to be a linkup man on numerous occasions for the Eagles going forward.

I think he had a shocker, don't go full Ethan on me just because you think differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A sad way to end what possibly will be his last season at the highest level. Love him or hate him you can't deny he has been more than serviceable in his time here.

I wish him all the best in wherever his future holds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back