AFL Player #22: Sam Durham - Pendlebury confesses to soiling himself - 26/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Durham a fair bit in our 2’s playing mainly across hb.

He is a very smooth mover, one of those types that glides across the turf. Rarely hurried with ball in hand and good penetration in his kicking. Pretty good numbers (usually mid/late teens - early 20s) but more about meters gained with him.

Not sure I agree with some of the comments about his tackling/contested game, from what I saw mainly outside. Not saying he doesn’t have that side to his game more about the role he played for us.

Can see why AFL clubs (including ours) were interested

So we got a player, and he's from............................................................................ Richmond.

Of course he is.

This love affair we have with the Tigers is getting a little sickening tbh.

But, good to see we chose a role-player for depth. Good luck to him, and I hope he slots in nicely.

So we got a player, and he's from............................................................................ Richmond.

Of course he is.

This love affair we have with the Tigers is getting a little sickening tbh.

But, good to see we chose a role-player for depth. Good luck to him, and I hope he slots in nicely.
Isn't a lot of Richmond's success attributed to Caracella who's actually an Essendon champion? Fox compares us to tigers because we have 6 guys 175cm tall but didn't we draft all bar Snelling before 2017? While they sit around singing kumbaya we are at the pub listening to Jimmy Barnes.

Welcome to the club lad. He sounds like he will fit straight in with the tradie attitude.

I like the pick because he should be able to slot straight in after the bye given the similarities between our system and Richmond's.

Depth is needed pretty dramatically to see the season out. For that reason I'm a bit surprised we didn't throw Baker or someone else a bone.

Kid seems to have nice skills, athletic ability and some aggression (based on a limited highlight's package) and, in his 20th year, he's still someone who can be developed for the future.

Did I read basketball background? We obviously have rolled gold in the next Pendlebury

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ahhh...I missed the old days where every commentator would mention Pendlebury’s basketball origins every single time he touched the ball.

Good times.

Delist, he did the "how are you going?" thing twice. Shows a lack of awareness lel.
He's clearly got good vision in that footage at the start of the thread, when he receives the ball in the midfield you can see him scan for who's in space, those two huge handpasses he does are excellent!

Here's hoping he can be added to the Great Durs of history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tuggers can't be too upset, they could have tanked last weekend like Carlton have been doing all this year to win the MSD.
They could have so easily stayed cosy and warm in 9th, got their home grown lad. Instead they increase their tatts psi statistics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back