Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't go WCE.

Why is this even a discussion? He needs to prove he's good enough before the bloke can think another club will take him.

So he usually has slow starts to the year and I have been critical in the past of that.
Up until now he hasn't annoyed me as much. That ended today.

I am really fed up. Go campaigner. Sign or don't sign. You are not a big loss to this side and we'll try find another kid to take your spot and go from there.
I am f***ing over it.

So he usually has slow starts to the year and I have been critical in the past of that.
Up until now he hasn't annoyed me as much. That ended today.

I am really fed up. Go campaigner. Sign or don't sign. You are not a big loss to this side and we'll try find another kid to take your spot and go from there.
I am f***ing over it.
They read out my message on sen on Sat morning

‘In the gun this week.
Cam Zuurhar.
He said he wants to wait to see how the year goes. Well, we want to see if you can put together consistent games. We haven't seen that yet.
Larkey came out this week and said he wants to see the team transition and grow, after being with North for so long. Thats what north supporters want to hear. Unfortunately, Cam is no big loss, so North should consider applying the same Ben McKay treatment to Cam. Sell high while the demand is in.’

Did not disappoint later that day.

Offering 5 years for someone so inconsistent shows the club hasn't learnt from past mistakes.
Because we have the Goose that lays the Golden egg in regards to contracts extensions at the club and his mates love to have around making these decisions and that won’t change.
That person is RAWLINGS that’s person that should go 1st and how he survived that BS Geoff Walsh review and that’s what is was BS review is the greatest miracle of all time oh that’s right Walsh is a mate of his that’s why.
It’s time for a real review by someone independent with no ties to our club
Like a Buckley,Gary Lyon or Malthouse that have tasted success and knows what’s required to win.
But as usual all this will not happen and unless we find another Sheezel Wardlaw in a KPF or KPB and crumbing small forward role I don’t see this club going forward.
I was hoping we would win 6 to 7 games this year and after yesterday I can’t see any wins soon and be lucky to win 3 games.

Because we have the Goose that lays the Golden egg in regards to contracts extensions at the club and his mates love to have around making these decisions and that won’t change.
That person is RAWLINGS that’s person that should go 1st and how he survived that BS Geoff Walsh review and that’s what is was BS review is the greatest miracle of all time oh that’s right Walsh is a mate of his that’s why.
Like a Buckley,Gary Lyon or Malthouse that have tasted success and knows what’s required to win.
But as usual all this will not happen and unless we find another Sheezel Wardlaw in a KPF or KPB and crumbing small forward role I don’t see this club going forward.
I was hoping we would win 6 to 7 games this year and after yesterday I can’t see any wins soon and be lucky to win 3 games.
Ah yes Buckley and Gary Lyon two blokes famous for the success at their football clubs

He wouldn't want to go to WCE
They are further behind in their rebuild than us.

They are in for some heavy defeats in the years ahead.

If he goes it will be to Sydney or the Gold Coast

Can do what he wants every week without anyone recognising him.

I’d imagine he will be a late out for matches a few times though 👃

He’s a key role player for a team that has all avenues covered. He’s being asked to play
  • Third tall key forward
  • inside mid
  • running half forward

Clarkson wants him to stay because he is a solid B grade utility that can play anywhere forward of centre. He’s no Tarryn Thomas but we need him to stay around.

Length of deal isn’t an issue, just wouldn’t be paying him in the top 5% of players.

He started last season off thinking he was Dusty and by mid year he was squaring the ball up into the middle. Im sure come today, the review will be scathing.

When we are in the position of youth and weakness that we are now, I think most would just like to see some consistent infield performances from our leaders.

So far, Scott has been the only one to show this in 2024.

I’ve got no problem with Zurhaar leaving for greener pastures if he is incapable of stepping up the plate and delivering stability.

Not to nit pick, but what success has Buckley or Garry Lyon tasted? We've actually had players that have held up the cup, and a coach that has held it up 4 more times than those guys. Sounding like a broken record but it was never going to be an overnight fix. I get angry like anyone else, but we're just going to have to be patient.

Ah yes Buckley and Gary Lyon two blokes famous for the success at their football clubs
1 won a Brownlow number of club B&F Norm Smith and Grand Final appearances All Australian and club captain the other same success Minus a Brownlow what success has Rawlings had?

Looked like ripping the game apart and then our mids and defence couldn't get the ball down our end of the ground.

19 touches, 10 contested, 3 cracks at goal, won 3 stoppage clearances with minimal mid tike, 6 tackles, fourth highest metres gained for us. All while playing as our second, severely undersized key forward for most of the game.

Had some selfish moments but * we are harsh on him in here.

Tell ya what if I was playing half forward and that was a 'down' game I'd be pretty *ing rapt.
Tend to agree, if were taking intercept marks down back and our midfield was up and about, his game would have been perceived differently.

As it was, he probably tried to do too much 60-70m about from goal and looked selfish, stupid and unaware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine selfish campaigner.

Burns teammates more than any other.
This and the fact he thinks he can do things he can not s**t me to tears...

Centre the ball to 20m out from the boundary - play the %s

Don't dribble the footy on the run, kick the ******* goal.

Take first option in the middle instead of taking on 3 tacklers (LDU guilty of this lately)

I don't mind him taking the game on, but he needs to pull it off more times than not.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the very few opportunities our forwards will get because of our young midfield, the patches we do dominate are going to be crucial.

If Cam is dribbling kicks out of bounds/through for a behind like as if its ok but then Paul Curtis slots one with just a fraction of experience and not as much time to think, what price is Cam worth in comparison to our youngsters?

He's a senior player and needs to nail the opportunities that he gets. He isn't an endurance runner so he cannot get the ball 30+ times but I expect the bloke to hit everything that comes towards him when he has open space. Hit a teammate or kick the goal. Don't do momentum-killing stuff that leaves all of us perplexed. I can't believe this is still happening this far into his career. That would be expected from a first gamer not from a bloke that has been in the system for almost a decade.

We're going to be more harsh on these types because they are the leaders now. There's nowhere to hide. If he's waiting for a fat contract, he needs to have game-breaker performances in the heat of adversity.

Every other club seems to get some form of response from their senior players and they go nuts on the scoreboard. Sick and tired of watching our young players let down by the efforts of senior players.

I hope West Coast offer him a big deal and we get band 1. We know they don't have a salary cap - especially when they are down and the AFL wants them back up and around.
Maybe they trade one of the Top 3 priority picks that will be granted to them this year as they might want to trade to protect against missing out on tier one compo if they lose a free agent.

Right now he's probably better off playing as a full time mid. We just don't have a big body. He's meant to be fitter than he ever had been. This would be good for us. We have a ton of mid sized forwards. Let him grind out games in the middle.

This would free up a spot for Sellers and Greenwood (maybe Malley) to play now CCJ is out and I reckon would lead to a better balanced squad.

Right now he's probably better off playing as a full time mid. We just don't have a big body. He's meant to be fitter than he ever had been. This would be good for us. We have a ton of mid sized forwards. Let him grind out games in the middle.

This would free up a spot for Sellers and Greenwood (maybe Malley) to play now CCJ is out and I reckon would lead to a better balanced squad.
Meant to be fitter, but his decision making is and will always be slow.

And inevitably that decision ends up being "nah i wont pass to my team mates".

And who does he replace in the middle? One of our actual midfielders?

This and the fact he thinks he can do things he can not s**t me to tears...

Centre the ball to 20m out from the boundary - play the %s

Don't dribble the footy on the run, kick the ******* goal.

Take first option in the middle instead of taking on 3 tacklers (LDU guilty of this lately)

I don't mind him taking the game on, but he needs to pull it off more times than not.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
LDU has beaten three tacklers a few times so I can understand why he thinks he has it in him but yeah, first option is usually the best.

Strange game by Zurhaar vs Carlton. Decision making & disposal was sub-par.

I hope we're not seeing a McKay 2023 type season......

Needs to play midfield with our current list profile. We have 6 other guys on our list who could play his role up forward - including Duursma. Since losing T Thomas, we have a shortage of big bodies in the midfield - Zurhaar could solve that issue. IF he is willing to put in the work. Something that should've probably been addressed in November last year - a summer dedicated to running.

Meant to be fitter, but his decision making is and will always be slow.

And inevitably that decision ends up being "nah i wont pass to my team mates".

And who does he replace in the middle? One of our actual midfielders?
Move Powell to a flank.....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Move Powell to a flank.....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
If the move is zurhaar to the midfield, sellers or some other forward in to the side, then someone is getting cut, or is my sunday morning math failing me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back