Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

He has shown more than Jy at this stage.
I agree. Though I don't think they are playing Jy in the right spot. He should be played on the wing, get him in the game more. Clearly has the run and composure with possessions. He's a nice kick as well. Play him on the wing for last 2 games. Nothing to lose. Especially given we have Zurhaar and sugar as small forwards in the side.

I know we love overrating our young players and comparing them to guns, but I see a bit of Toby Greene about him.

Absolute bull who doesn't take a backward step.

Or it could just be the Jay Neagle "butchers hook" nose...

I know we love overrating our young players and comparing them to guns, but I see a bit of [Insert star player's name here] about him.
Right out of the BigFooty playbook adas! :thumbsu: ;)

Anybody see the youtube video on NMFC page with the kids running a restaurant for a night?

You can tell a lot about someone by how they carry themselves in a kitchen. Definite swagger about this boy and looks like a leader to the other kids in the side.

The hype is real on Zurhaar. If he stays with the club he will be one of our better performers soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Though I don't think they are playing Jy in the right spot. He should be played on the wing, get him in the game more. Clearly has the run and composure with possessions. He's a nice kick as well. Play him on the wing for last 2 games. Nothing to lose. Especially given we have Zurhaar and sugar as small forwards in the side.
Probably right but I think Scott has protected his light frame......plenty of time.

I had a chat with Hodge about this bloke after he pumped him up in the commentary box a week after he'd played against him. He loves the way Cam goes about it. Said he's the sort of kid he'd have taken under his wing at Hawthorn and tutored for as long as it took for him to reach his potential. He said he saw a lot of himself in the way he goes about it as a young bloke, albeit one was a numero uno selection and the other's a rookie, which I reminded him. Still impressed he said.

Can't wait to see what he can produce with a fully hardened and ripped AFL physique.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back