Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its early days and a couple of positive practice matches doesn't make a season etc but there appears to be a relative calmness about the place. The normal pessimism / scepticism / cynicism that surrounds our recruiting decisions dare I say it has been replaced with a quiet satisfaction that maybe just maybe we might be on the right track. Enjoy it while it lasts!

So I researched our man Abbas ( Zaheer) . He never followed an AFL club but the game itself weird imo. Anywho doesn't matter was interviewed by sixteen clubs. Had a nasty ankle injury which impacted heavily on his season last year. Which again imo is awesome news- upside is huge, he is expected to become an inside bull.

I am very excited by the thought of him and Pruess being nasty buggers.

Wonder if there is a rookie upgrade announcement in the works.
You would think with Paul Ahern on the LTI, that The Great ZURHAAR will be elevated to the senior list.....

Surely they won't nominate anyone unless they're going to pick them. It costs more in player salaries and AFAIK once a player is up he can only go back down when the LTI player returns (or he gets an LTI himself I guess). Don't think you can change your mind about which rookie to promote once it's done. Form and needs should dictate promotion, not just a pat on the back for a good preseason.

Surely they won't nominate anyone unless they're going to pick them. It costs more in player salaries and AFAIK once a player is up he can only go back down when the LTI player returns (or he gets an LTI himself I guess). Don't think you can change your mind about which rookie to promote once it's done. Form and needs should dictate promotion, not just a pat on the back for a good preseason.
Yeah. Farren Ray was the last example of a rookie elevation for the next game or so

Had to bump this thread as reading on twitter updates noticed he kicked 2 and had a big run down the wing and laced out mackay! Reckon he almost deserves a crack. Showed in jlt he can play should have kicked 3 against thed hawks!

Had to bump this thread as reading on twitter updates noticed he kicked 2 and had a big run down the wing and laced out mackay! Reckon he almost deserves a crack. Showed in jlt he can play should have kicked 3 against thed hawks!
It appears to me he likes it tough as well........I dont think he'd be out of place @ AFL level tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked slick in the JLT but I haven't seen enough of him and that's mainly why i asked the question
Looked slick in the JLT but I haven't seen enough of him and that's mainly why i asked the question
Quick research suggests he doesnt have much speed but didnt state it was a weakness. Mainly his endurance that is below average

Could this kid make it as a running defender in the J Johannisen/C Cameron mould?

Absolutely nothing like those two.
I rate the kid though and he has a far more seasoned body than a lot of other blokes who have played this year.
It makes it incredibly difficult to get into a side when the VFL doesn't start until round 4. Even more rediculous when you consider the TAC cup started a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is he greenwood type?
if so, the club has to treat him carefully.
otherwise he'll go to collingwood for $$$$ eventually.

This is Zurhaar.

1993/1994 Glenn Archer on a HFF.

Has just a touch of class about him.

Definitely the nearest comparison.

Explosive, good and potentially elite in bursts at all parts of the game.

Doesn't look a natural run and carry player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back