Prediction 5 things you want to see in the last 6 games of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

here goes
1. Afl announce enquiry into the smelly Schwab connection, the dodgy ten year rule and the peptides saga and apologise for wrecking the game and turning into a manipulated result, with journos actually investigating SOMETHING. Robbo and the buzz are forced to quit as they dont know how to investigate, connolly joins HUN as Chief scribe to reeducate the HACKS
2 Rhyce Shaw comes back as coach in waiting ,apprentership under roos
3 Dusty Martin signs and Swanny anounces a comeback to play DEEEEEEEP forward
4 Bucks takesNaughty Simons position at afl as he is the most credible person around and suddenly we get a fair draw and a free kick
5 Richmond MISS finals again

Correction - I want Richmond to make the top 4, And lose in straight sets. With the second match being lost after the Tiggers are up 30 points at 3/4 time.

1. The kids, Daicos, Brown, Kirby, McLarty.
2. Signs our recruiting team are getting right, i.e talks of a KPF signing being upmost priority or draft talk being based around KPP's.
3. Couple more wins, realistically we can't win them all but a few more to boost the younger kids moral.
4. Injury free end to the season, would love Wells, Scharenberg, Reid and Elliot to have good and healthy ends to the year and set themselves up for a big pre-season.
5. Whether it's Buckley or not, the coach from 2018 onward stating a realistic and genuine plan and expectations for the club's future.

Round 19 v Crows progress check ...

1. Collingwood to have a real crack during the last 6 games.

Big tick

2. Answers about which players stay and which players go at end of season

I think we're making some progress in that area.

3. Cohesion on the field, particularly with entry into the forward line

It remains a work in progress

Technically a cross ...

... but IMO one of the reasons for wanting wins for us at this stage is to give players confidence of what they and the team are capable of, and the game against Adelaide would have given them that in spades.

5. No serious injuries

Tick

Round 19 v Crows progress check ...

Big tick

I think we're making some progress in that area.

It remains a work in progress

Technically a cross ...

... but IMO one of the reasons for wanting wins for us at this stage is to give players confidence of what they and the team are capable of, and the game against Adelaide would have given them that in spades.

Tick
Yeah a win against ADel would've been huge for the groups belief. Real shame.
What is the progress you are seeing in 2. out of interest?

Round 20 v North progress check ...

1. Collingwood to have a real crack during the last 6 games.

Tick :)

2. Answers about which players stay and which players go at end of season

Tick. To answer your question doodles98 , of the players whose contract is up at end of season, I think we've seen that Blair, Goldsack, and Thomas are worth hanging onto. Philips is another, but he was likely always going to be re-signed.

3. Cohesion on the field, particularly with entry into the forward line

Has generally been better over this period, but the North game was hardly a fine demonstration of that.

Tick!

5. No serious injuries

:(

Round 20 v North progress check ...

Tick :)

Tick. To answer your question doodles98 , of the players whose contract is up at end of season, I think we've seen that Blair, Goldsack, and Thomas are worth hanging onto. Philips is another, but he was likely always going to be re-signed.

Has generally been better over this period, but the North game was hardly a fine demonstration of that.

Tick!

:(
Blair? Not with you there.
Yes Thomas, Phillips and Goldsack have answered the questions and are keepers. (for me: add Scharenberg & Langdon to that ) What about Aish, Keefe, Broomhead, Smith though?
Who would you chop and who would you be hoping to trade?

For me it's:
Blair out for a draftee
White out for a draftee
Oxley out for a draftee
Schade out for a draftee (Sorry TG I prefer Keefe he's less spudley)
Upgrade Thomas
Delist Mackie and one of either Seir or Sinclair
Take 2 rookies. I've no idea about lynch and mcarthey

If we keep Blair who are you chopping for a draftee or do you want one less draftee?

Blair? Not with you there.

Yeah I know he's not fashionable, but if Kirby had played on the weekend and had the game that Blair had then everyone would be giddy with excitement.

For me, I think Oxley, Keeffe, White, Sinclair (at least) are behind Blair, Thomas gets promoted, so it's a choice between Blair or a fourth round draft pick? I'd take Blair in a heartbeat.

Yes Thomas, Phillips and Goldsack have answered the questions and are keepers. (for me: add Scharenberg & Langdon to that )

Bay Pie 's wonderful contract status thread here doesn't list them as coming out of contract, so I didn't consider them ...

... but yeah agree, they're both coming along nicely.

What about Aish, Keefe, Broomhead, Smith though?

Aish - he's not out of contract so he's not going to be delisted, and he's only just come into the club so he's not going to be traded.

Keeffe - I thought he should have been delisted even before the drugs saga, I haven't seen him play this year, and I'd reckon that given he hasn't broken into the senior team by now would mean his card is surely marked. Can't imagine he'd be worth anything at the trade table.

Broomhead - he's contracted for next year and can't imagine he'd be worth much at the trade table. If he wanted to play elsewhere for opportunities then I'd happily let him go at this stage, but we've still got three rounds to play. I've got him behind Crocker ATM.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back