Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

JHF honestly did us an unintentional favour. Even if he stayed with us for a while and sorted his behaviour out, he was always going to do a Dangerfield and go back to his home state once he became a free agent. With Wardlaw, we have the opportunity to turn him into a 250+ game club legend. JHF was never going to be that for us.

JHF honestly did us an unintentional favour. Even if he stayed with us for a while and sorted his behaviour out, he was always going to do a Dangerfield and go back to his home state once he became a free agent. With Wardlaw, we have the opportunity to turn him into a 250+ game club legend. JHF was never going to be that for us.
Didnt we also get Dawson for him? I can't quite remember which player also came out of that.

I think at this exact point in time it's the vibe but it's trending towards demonstrably which will always be in the eye of the beholder, I'm sure if you ask Port Powa fans they're as happy with *** as we are with George.

I've no doubt that *** will become a very good player possibly top 10 at some point but I don't think he'll ever be the best just feel there are several that are ahead of him.

Port should be happy, they got him very cheap. It was the excellent trading by Rawlings that won it for us.

Port should be happy, they got him very cheap. It was the excellent trading by Rawlings that won it for us.

Yeah I DGAF that Horns left, but he put us over a barrel unnecessarily, that's the bit that shitted me.

But I will say, him going helped us get all the draft assistance. 100% I believe that.

We took unders for JHFF, as we had no choice.

If Goad becomes a decent player we've won comprehensively.
Poorta got *** for massive unders, so of course they'd be happy.

Yet, somehow at the same time we're massively happy with what we ended up with.
Goad would be the icing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I DGAF that Horns left, but he put us over a barrel unnecessarily, that's the bit that shitted me.

But I will say, him going helped us get all the draft assistance. 100% I believe that.

We took unders for JHFF, as we had no choice.

Yes, and the AFL not wanting to dig into just how much Port rorted that drafted meant we would get good go away money

Poorta got *** for massive unders, so of course they'd be happy.

Yet, somehow at the same time we're massively happy with what we ended up with.
Goad would be the icing.
Trading doesn't need to be a net sum game. This is what a lot of simpletons including that peanut Dodoro fail to appreciate. You don't need someone else to lose in order for you to win.

The balance when he's running at full tilt, even when he's bumped or shepherded off his line is unlike anything I've seen. He doesn't need to run wide to maintain his speed, just finds the next most direct line to ball/player and he's at top speed in 2 steps again. Also the way he moves from ground to standing is phenomenally quick, he just impacts situations he has no right to. Love watching him do his thing.

Tomorrow is the first opportunity I have had to see him play live since his debut in that shambles of a finish against Sydney last year. I was with a Carlton supporting mate that day who knew nothing about him and his eyes were nearly popping out of his head. "Wow" was all he could say.
Super excited to see what he can do on a stage like tomorrow.

There were two pieces of play last week that sum George to a tee, the lead up to the Simpkin goal where he had three involvements and the tackle on Bradshaw where it looked like he may get away. He attacks like a maniac and hunts like a bloodhound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back