Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin is not here anymore and his marking has nothing to do with how many times he is the target. It’s about his lack of belief and purpose in the marking attempt. I called him insipid on Friday night re his contested marking which I shouldn’t have. He does not fully commit to jumping at the ball And injecting himself into the contest. Standing at the back of the contest at close quarters and simply raising your arms trying to mark over the a couple of blokes is limp and is just not going to get it done. Richardson pointed it out in commentary and was spot on. Should have been easy mark and goal. We don’t always need him to be A marking target as he is a very smart young player but when you need to and you are his size just jump at the ball and launch into the contest and if nothing else crash the pack and bring it to ground.
Yeah I don't buy into the Buddy was holding him back thing. I think Buddy taking the oppositions best defender was good for Logan. He's still only 21 years old so might struggle with the extra attention this year. A bit of patience is required.

Yeah I don't buy into the Buddy was holding him back thing. I think Buddy taking the oppositions best defender was good for Logan. He's still only 21 years old so might struggle with the extra attention this year. A bit of patience is required.

Mids were VERY Buddy centric though that was the issue

If he's even contemplating Freo, I would point out to him the number of players who have moved to Freo as their second club and then made a swift exit. And these were Western Australians "going home" but they still quickly got out of there. Brad Hill. Blake Acres. Jesse Hogan (and yes, I know he had a variety of challenges he was dealing with, but he seems to have been able to deal with them just fine once he got out of Freo). Joel Hamling (yes, maybe somewhat down to contract negotiations, but he still got out of there).

Who am I missing?

If he's even contemplating Freo, I would point out to him the number of players who have moved to Freo as their second club and then made a swift exit. And these were Western Australians "going home" but they still quickly got out of there. Brad Hill. Blake Acres. Jesse Hogan (and yes, I know he had a variety of challenges he was dealing with, but he seems to have been able to deal with them just fine once he got out of Freo). Joel Hamling (yes, maybe somewhat down to contract negotiations, but he still got out of there).

Who am I missing?

Rory Lobb

My biggest concern if he doesn't resign is that west coast will have pick 1 (more than likely) in pre season draft, which can be used as leverage to get him on the cheap.

I don't think Buddy held him back, I think Buddy being around was fantastic for him in terms of learning from an elite athletic key forward who plays in a similar style (up and down the ground, more partial to longer shots, and question marks over marking for a lot of his career). I just think his raw numbers would have been affected by getting 1/10 targets in the forward 50 when Franklin played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoot everyone a message, immediately.

I opened the message , was selling me cleaning products and I get 6 friends to sell them too , not worth it

I opened the message , was selling me cleaning products and I get 6 friends to sell them too , not worth it
That's not a pyramid scheme, it's scheme that is vaugly shaped like a pyramid

Great news from his manager, deep in discussions with Swans, been communicated around league he wants to stay.

Been a bit flat recently, but this out a big smile on my face.

Great news from his manager, deep in discussions with Swans, been communicated around league he wants to stay.

Been a bit flat recently, but this out a big smile on my face.

Best news of the day well second best best one will be when he signs

Same with Gulden as well - But that's for another thread.

Have loved watching us develop a tall, been really exciting to follow.

I was so happy when we picked him up probably the happiest I was ever, so glad when North picked the mid!

I was so happy when we picked him up probably the happiest I was ever, so glad when North picked the mid!

I actually really rate Phillips 😂 would have been very happy with him on draft night (thought North would go McDonald).

Would love for us to make a run at him, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

I actually really rate Phillips 😂 would have been very happy with him on draft night (thought North would go McDonald).

Would love for us to make a run at him, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

I rate him too only one I didn't want is DGB and I do feel we've dodged one there. If we didn't go McDonald (if he was taken) I agree with you. Thankfully Logan was there.

I rate him too only one I didn't want is DGB and I do feel we've dodged one there. If we didn't go McDonald (if he was taken) I agree with you. Thankfully Logan was there.

DGB is an interesting case.

I thought he would be an above average third tall, but he hasn't kicked on.

Still time though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back