Autopsy 6 point win over Richmond(wtf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Standout ffs , he's another Rohan .

STFU for a change Bedford it’s ok to have an opinion about one match where someone took solid marks better than anyone else in slippery conditions. It stood out to me so I try to give credit where it’s due for some positivity when I’m often a negative prick.

STFU for a change Bedford it’s ok to have an opinion about one match where someone took solid marks better than anyone else in slippery conditions. It stood out to me so I try to give credit where it’s due for some positivity when I’m often a negative prick.

Hayward was having a crack when we were playing s**t too I reckon

Okay, I agree with your first paragraph, I think Rowbottom is going to be a force in the future. But can he sustain it for a season at 21yro, up against men with 5-6 preseasons under the belt and a huge level of experience? And without serious injury and/or exhaustion? I would doubt it...

What makes you think Horse doesn't realise it? What makes you think that current balance is not part of a carefully constructed training and development plan that see Rowie play a vital role in the future of this team? Currently there is Parker, Mills and Warner all in front of him, with Parker turning 30 later this year. Rowie's turn will come, especially if he continues to take every chance that is offered him... I seriously doubt anyone in the coaches box is unaware of his talent.

Sorry KS but I don't agree with much of this.

Campbell not very effective. Hope we don't drop O'Riordan for him. Need that hardness in defence against Melbourne.
I'm think the youngsters could really do with the bye about now... wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them have an extra week either side of the bye. Bad timing with the Melbourne game coming up, but the under 21 brigade will need a rest. Campbell's had a couple and I'd be looking to see both Errol and Logan having a game or two off fairly soon.

Why are you sold on COR? I don't remember him much in Friday's game, but I'll watch it again and take note. I get that he is a competitor and is hard as nails, but I haven't previously thought much of him as a defender (in particular his understanding of when to defend a team and when to defend an individual), and his overall decision making.

So what am I missing? Is it lack of opposition or do you think he has a chance to be a lock in best 22?

Gerard Healy - Common sense prevailed

Brad Johnson - Blind Freddy knows it's 50 every day of the week.

Even though Gerard doesn't always get his calls right anymore he was the only guy to speak up direct to Gil about the trade ban. Deep down he's still a Swan and he was an absolute champion. Commentators have to make calls for and against it's their job but some of the others still openly cheer their own mob. Johnson is probably the worst for it. Will be a sad day when Gerard hangs up the boot....um microphone. We need a pro Sydney voice at times.
Pebbles on ABC now, hope he continues there. Quality commentary

I'm think the youngsters could really do with the bye about now... wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them have an extra week either side of the bye. Bad timing with the Melbourne game coming up, but the under 21 brigade will need a rest. Campbell's had a couple and I'd be looking to see both Errol and Logan having a game or two off fairly soon.

Why are you sold on COR? I don't remember him much in Friday's game, but I'll watch it again and take note. I get that he is a competitor and is hard as nails, but I haven't previously thought much of him as a defender (in particular his understanding of when to defend a team and when to defend an individual), and his overall decision making.

So what am I missing? Is it lack of opposition or do you think he has a chance to be a lock in best 22?
To be fair to Campbell, his role limits his involvement. He actually does a mountain of work off the ball and is actually developing into a proper small defender. He showed what he could do when he slotted that goal from 50 and I'm sure if given a more attacking role, he will be impressive. I'd like to see Fox come in to play his role and Campbell given an opportunity on a wing or HF flank .

Logan similar. There will be games where he does not impact the scoreboard or has limited touches but he is a really hard worker off the ball. We have reached the point where his development should be in our AFL team, not VFL (unless he is badly out of form). Really don't understand this mentality if dropping him after one game where he goes goalless.

I like him , just has to do more , he has everything going for him . Just don't want another Rohan . I reckon a run in the midfield might get him going , as Papley isn't great in there . IWSTFU now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's actually a few people we rely on to win, so technically he is correct. Just not very insightful.

Relying on your best players to win games is a fairly common trait across the league I would suspect.

I didn't see COR's game as good. I thought he made some dumb decisions to release the ball when he should have taken tackles and just didn't like his positioning most of the night. Although reading through some posts it seems I am on my own
I thought COR was good. Deserves to keep his spot imo.

Doubt it but I said the same about Rowbottom a few weeks ago
I know this is a Very simplistic view but what about Cotchin‘s role in the incident? after all he was the antagonist. he kept going and going until Bud hit him. His acting was brilliant because if it did connect, it would have put him out of the game. He continued on perfectly well until he hurt himself barging into Buddy’s hip & drew blood (which he didn’t go off for quite some time with the blood rule) It pisses me off that the person being niggled cops the fine/suspension but the actual antagonistic doesn’t. Doesn’t matter which player or club it happens to, the antagonist gets away with it every time.

I like him , just has to do more , he has everything going for him . Just don't want another Rohan . I reckon a run in the midfield might get him going , as Papley isn't great in there . IWSTFU now

I love your posting style, you don't hold punches but the FFS response when I'm just posting minutes after a ripping win on a high well.... I lost my cool.

Never shut up and keep posting your straight forward style.

I actually really appreciate this reply you have a fair point, would be interesting to see how he goes in the mids especially when he's having a quiet one.

I know this is a Very simplistic view but what about Cotchin‘s role in the incident? after all he was the antagonist. he kept going and going until Bud hit him. His acting was brilliant because if it did connect, it would have put him out of the game. He continued on perfectly well until he hurt himself barging into Buddy’s hip & drew blood (which he didn’t go off for quite some time with the blood rule) It pisses me off that the person being niggled cops the fine/suspension but the actual antagonistic doesn’t. Doesn’t matter which player or club it happens to, the antagonist gets away with it every time.

At the end of the day it's an action that cannot be accepted. Andrew Gaff is probably among the fairest players in the AFL and a simple shove into the chest/neck/collarbone area that you see literally a hundred times in a match, accidentally clobbered Brayshaw and left him with a broken jaw. If that kind of contact could inflict such damage, a forceful, intentional action like Buddy did could do so much worse.

At the end of the day it's an action that cannot be accepted. Andrew Gaff is probably among the fairest players in the AFL and a simple shove into the chest/neck/collarbone area that you see literally a hundred times in a match, accidentally clobbered Brayshaw and left him with a broken jaw. If that kind of contact could inflict such damage, a forceful, intentional action like Buddy did could do so much worse.
I will say if you're shoving someone high you don't do it with the same force that Gaff did to the chest.
I think, unless you're aiming to end someone's season, you're actually going to be softer going for the head than the body, which is why Gaff did so much damage.

On that note, I think a week is more than fair, and if Cotchin did it to one of our blokes I would want more than a week.

I will say if you're shoving someone high you don't do it with the same force that Gaff did to the chest.
I think, unless you're aiming to end someone's season, you're actually going to be softer going for the head than the body, which is why Gaff did so much damage.

On that note, I think a week is more than fair, and if Cotchin did it to one of our blokes I would want more than a week.
He didn't hurt him it was an open hand to the neck region . What stupid Wicks did was worse , he can play against Casey next week .

He didn't hurt him it was an open hand to the neck region . What stupid Wicks did was worse , he can play against Casey next week .

Mind-numbingly stupid moment from Wicks and also just plain annoying. Can't stand faux tough guy antics. Tough is putting your head over the ball for your team, not whipping your proverbial dick out off the ball before you've even touched it.

So the ball was in our forward half for 63% in Q2… poses so many more questions.
The composition of our midfield, particularly at centre bounces, continues to be a work in progress.
Mills’ has that ability to come up with crucial plays all over the park but is seemingly stymied fairly easily on the ball.
Clearly Rowbottom out last week hurt us… was superb yesterday. And Warner thrives in the absence of senior players around the centre.
Resounding points win for Rampe over Dusty. Annoying he doesn’t look to play on after a mark… always backs up then kicks long to a contest… and the handball to Campbell was terrible.
Lloyd a big improver defensively and with kick-ins but shares with Dane that same handbrake effect in general play.
Thought we did well to kerb some of their influential players. Dusty, Bolton, and Edwards looked like he was gonna be a thorn as usual, but was virtually unsighted in the second half.
How good is Paddy going? Actually reminds me a lot of Steven May 10games into a new role.
Logan’s contested mark late on worth a couple of goals imo.
COR… probably shared the points with a 7gamer and did a couple of nice things late on. Jury’s still out and ya never know… a string of games to do or die I think.
Can’t believe we actually got the job done… fully expected us to go down fighting by a goal or two but to run over the top of them and hold on was amazing.
Right up with having a kid make his debut and Chris Scott whining at a press conference after a loss…. Reiwoldt carrying on like a 2yo and Cotchin slinking off unheard into the night to lick his wounds…. the joys of footy.

My thought too, not sure how Cotch wasn't pulled up for his antics before it got to the point of Buddy retaliating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back