Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Go ahead and don’t overlook all the ones saying he’s nothing at all like Rance.

You’ll find them from me and others from the beginning of the year. He’s Easton wood not Rance

Doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be good for you, but don’t expect a key defender that’s all
Further to that go and watch our game against Essendon and see the mismatches Daniher and Hooker exploited with Lever on them for short periods.

This was the game I decided we should not pay him premium money.

Good role player but will never be the equivalent of Rance.

Easton Wood is a great comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Further to that go and watch our game against Essendon and see the mismatches Daniher and Hooker exploited with Lever on them for short periods.

Thanks for your insights now jog on.

Board flooded with Crows supporters gloating at our stupidity.
On the main board most think they've probably got the better end of the deal and alot say it's pretty even. I think those who venture onto opposition boards and gloat are not in the majority and are probably feeling stilling a bit insecure that not everyone of their players wants to stick with them

2014 Lever himself was pick 14.
2013 Matt Crouch at 23.
2012 no good draft picks
2011 Brad Crouch with what was the equivalent of about pick 8
2010 Brodie Smith at 14.
2009 Daniel Talia at 13
2008 Phil Davis at 10.
2007 Patrick Dangerfield at 10.

Want to reassess how likely we are to turn those picks into a Lever quality player? Lever doesn't even make the top 50% of those players I just listed.

Congrats, looks like it's a guarantee then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you guys are saying hes no good one on one and how great his support is

Yet said support lets him get isolated. Sounds a lot like you guys didnt work to his strengths as a defensive unit if youre letting him get 1 out on daniher. The flip flopping going on here is a joke.

He's 21. He could be anything (including the next Rance). But if he never improves he's still what we need right now.

Make sure you pick SA kids with those picks, if not we'll be happy to take them once youve built them up.

Paid way overs for this guy. Typical MFC.
It's a great trade, both clubs happy. Melbourne have just gain a super talented 21 year old with 50 odd games to his name and AA potential, there is a very good reason why there has been so much bitterness coming out I'd Adelaide, they know what they are losing, all the revisionist history from crows fans doesn't change that

Shitty city? No

Shitty club? Yes

Lol

Please, let's not fight about this. All of you scum on the southern half of the continent are just jumped up Tasmanians.

Well you guys are saying hes no good one on one and how great his support is

Yet said support lets him get isolated. Sounds a lot like you guys didnt work to his strengths as a defensive unit if youre letting him get 1 out on daniher. The flip flopping going on here is a joke.

He's 21. He could be anything (including the next Rance). But if he never improves he's still what we need right now.

Make sure you pick SA kids with those picks, if not we'll be happy to take them once youve built them up.

We put him 1 out on Danniher not long after him wanting to go back to Melbourne came out.

We deliberately rotated Lever onto him.

It was our coaches trying to give the guy a wake up call in a game we had won, he didn't listen.

We put him 1 out on Danniher not long after him wanting to go back to Melbourne came out.

We deliberately rotated Lever onto him.

It was our coaches trying to give the guy a wake up call in a game we had won, he didn't listen.
Kind of pointless in the end though. His pitch was clearly looking at the long term future, not a one-off game in 2017.

Further to this, the move sounds like it was designed to ambush him - ie * all preparation. He'll be better prepared if he trains over a whole summer for that exact role. Not to mention a year stronger and smarter. A fact lost on many Crows fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back