Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meme worthy.

562329.jpg
"Who's this Brett Anderson bloke?......Not top 10 in super draft? He's havin a larf"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By publically putting us down for going for Kelly and Martin and making us resort to keeping the picks we would have used in trade. They can eat it.
It was more than that.

The s**t sandwich we've had at the hands of the AFL and their media outlets over the last 18 months has been completely shitful.

AFL
- AFL official says North should be only team in Tassie.
- get a fine we never actually pay because we call out double standards around our players.
- still have no solid commitment that Good Friday is ours despite every other standing fixture having this.

AFL Media
- make finals but apparently teams outside the 8 deserve to be there more.
- cut old players because we're too old and get torn to shreds about it.
- lose games because through injury and cutting of old players were down on experience and were tanking.
- finish higher with less than teams that have been rebuilding for 17 years and we are not as good as them.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Personally I hope that the players take it on board and make some statements on field.

It was more than that.

The s**t sandwich we've had at the hands of the AFL and their media outlets over the last 18 months has been completely shitful.

AFL
- AFL official says North should be only team in Tassie.
- get a fine we never actually pay because we call out double standards around our players.
- still have no solid commitment that Good Friday is ours despite every other standing fixture having this.

AFL Media
- make finals but apparently teams outside the 8 deserve to be there more.
- cut old players because we're too old and get torn to shreds about it.
- lose games because through injury and cutting of old players were down on experience and were tanking.
- finish higher with less than teams that have been rebuilding for 17 years and we are not as good as them.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Personally I hope that the players take it on board and make some statements on field.
The bin chickens (also known as Meida personalities) have to make their money somehow don't they? While I applaud the above quoted text, unfortunatley the bin juice drinking chickens will put a negative spin on anything

Been out of action since a bit before the draft and a certainly late to the party but illl proceed nevertheless:
Luke is a future cornerstone talent of our football club. He is a an absolute commodity, monster at the coalface and has tidy skills to match. What impresses me the most about LDU is his ability to combine ball winning with pace and burst away from congestion. he is also a real threat in the forward line (similar to Ziebell in this regard) and i can see these two interchanging in this role throughout 2018.

The perception that he is laconic, lackadaisical, non-committed type is rubbish. I think his various interviews, especially the one with his parents immediately afterwards in which he tears up is testament to this and how much it means to him to get drafted.

All in all I'm elated with this pick, as i was convinced he would be going #1 to Brissy a few months ago, or #2 to Freo.

Kill it Luke, and embrace the Shinboner culture

Reckon LDU when he slips into North jumper will look a lot like Bruce Abernethy back in 1982. He was a decent player was Abernethy. Very long kick. Still don't know the real reason why he left after 2 years and went to the Colliwobbles before ending up at Adelaide. He was one of my favourite players at North

A favourite of mine too RooBlitz, but not sure he ever really delivered on potential. Let’s hope LDU does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A favourite of mine too RooBlitz, but not sure he ever really delivered on potential. Let’s hope LDU does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he will ,but time will be the judge with that one. He is a future 250-300 game player and future captain I am hoping for. I don't want to put too much pressure on him haha. Stoked we got to select him . Main thing is he is allowed to develop and people like me don't put that pressure on him haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back