Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDU for Taylor would've been a game changer. Curtis brought some pressure forward but that was about it, we got done in the midfield and stints in the mid from LDU might have saved our asses.

Doesn’t panic with the footy and would of helped in the clearances - makes good decisions with ball in hand.

Dropping him this week in hindsight was a bad move.

We could have used that extra midfield rotation, especially since a few were down today.

This game got lost at selection.

Easy in retrospect but I agree, was surprised Hosie didn't get a run as well over Taylor given he has more physical development.

Easy in retrospect but I agree, was surprised Hosie didn't get a run as well over Taylor given he has more physical development.
Hosie should have been the late in.

Hrovat did some nice things, but he is a liability as a small forward.

No pace, no strength at the contest, no pressure. It was the perfect matchup for Essendon, allowing quick defenders to rebound.

There was one stage where he was in front of his opponent going for a mark and they just waltzed past him to take and easy mark. The guy is as slow as treacle.

On that- Hosie already played in the morning vfl game
They knew Wood was under a cloud.

The big issue was Hosie being the travelling emergency and not playing last week. I guess they didn’t potentially want him to miss two in a row?

A call on Wood should have been made earlier.

They knew Wood was under a cloud.

The big issue was Hosie being the travelling emergency and not playing last week. I guess they didn’t potentially want him to miss two in a row?

A call on Wood should have been made earlier.

Agree. The call should have been made Thursday and I'm surprised it wasn't to be honest.

Hosie should have been the late in.

Hrovat did some nice things, but he is a liability as a small forward.

No pace, no strength at the contest, no pressure. It was the perfect matchup for Essendon, allowing quick defenders to rebound.

There was one stage where he was in front of his opponent going for a mark and they just waltzed past him to take and easy mark. The guy is as slow as treacle.
You have said it exactly. If you are small you need some X factor, he has Zero. Laugh when I read previews and people talk about him bringing leg speed and run! Even the tiny Harvey could bring pressure when necessary, this man is hopeless. LDU could have played that role and had a run in the middle.

Last edited:
Just seen the updated stats, he had 31 disposals and 11 TACKLES.

He still wouldn't have caught much more than fresh air last night.

I'm happy for him to drop down as I reckon it's best for his development.

I don't want ldu having that ratio of hand passes to kicks - he needs to be kicking the ball far more often and hitting targets.

I suspect his handball ratio will stay high until he becomes to strong to tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see why the handball ratio was high there. He looks much more confident than he did last year already though, building very nicely!

Side note it's great to have Campbell in the VFL, must be a huge help for guys like LDU to have a good presence like that to work off in the contest.

Far out, SNAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back