Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His "fast twitch" muscle aspect is pretty much set.

He'll gain endurance and strength, but I highly doubt he'll gain Judd type burst speed.
Dunno. Watching him late in the VFL season, his first few strides away from the contest were electric.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dunno. Watching him late in the VFL season, his first few strides away from the contest were electric.

It might just be due to the fact he's young - first step doesn't look too impressive at the top level...yet...

It might just be due to the fact he's young - first step doesn't look too impressive at the top level...yet...
It could be confidence. Plus he didn't have the strength to break the first tackle at AFL level. He was brushing tackles in the VFL by years end.

He may not end up quite as good as JK on the inside (who is all time elite), but he will be good, and he's definitely a better mark and kick.

WILL be a very good player.

Kennedy is allowed to dispose of the ball by any means when tackled.

If he was penalized, he wouldn't be as good.

Still a great player.

According to the Freo lot, he's a dud and a bust, unlike Cerra (a very good prospect given easier roles across half forward) and Brayshaw who looks to be a classic Freo player in that he tries hard and is reasonably good but will never win anything.
Coming from a mob that worship Ross the "slime" boss, what do you expect.

According to the Freo lot, he's a dud and a bust, unlike Cerra (a very good prospect given easier roles across half forward) and Brayshaw who looks to be a classic Freo player in that he tries hard and is reasonably good but will never win anything.

I don’t get the whole ‘because we got this gun player the other guys we didn’t get must be no good’ thing.

Take Stephenson for instance. He had a great year and I loved watching him play. I’d be wrapped to have him at NTh. But because we didn’t get him, some people write him off as ‘only being good cos he played on a flank’.

There can be multiple great players in a draft. I thought Cerra looked great when I saw him. Doesn’t mean that LDU can’t be a gun too.
Didn’t notice Brayshaw so much and rarely watch Freo... Though if we did get him (isn’t there a family connection?), all of a sudden assessments of him on here would rise markedly I’m sure!

I don’t get the whole ‘because we got this gun player the other guys we didn’t get must be no good’ thing.

Take Stephenson for instance. He had a great year and I loved watching him play. I’d be wrapped to have him at NTh. But because we didn’t get him, some people write him off as ‘only being good cos he played on a flank’.

There can be multiple great players in a draft. I thought Cerra looked great when I saw him. Doesn’t mean that LDU can’t be a gun too.
Didn’t notice Brayshaw so much and rarely watch Freo... Though if we did get him (isn’t there a family connection?), all of a sudden assessments of him on here would rise markedly I’m sure!

Yep don't think it reflects well on us as North supporters at all. There's been a bit of marking down of Stephenson and Cerra on here despite their very good debut years, the former in particular. LDU might be a future North Melbourne quadruple premiership player but right now the other guys have shown more.

Cerra, Brayshaw and Stephenson played the majority of the season for different reasons.
Stephenson had to play due to the number of injuries at the filth ( Elliott and Blair out all year), but full credit to him, he did well and deserved his spot. In fact so well I doubt that by seasons end either Blair or Elliott would’ve displaced Jaidyn

As for the 2 Freo boys, Lyon had to show the faithful that he was finally ready to turn the list over, and finally embark on something that resembles a youth policy. And once again those boys repaid the faith

In our situation there was no desperate reason to play LDU, but I’m still bullish that in 10 years, well have the best one from that lot ( im also a big rap for Rayner too)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Draftees with pace always burst out of the blocks. I suspect LDU will catch him by the end of year 3 and will continue upwards.

Stephenson (blue line)
LDU (crimson line)

1547679968940.png

Take Stephenson for instance. He had a great year and I loved watching him play. I’d be wrapped to have him at NTh. But because we didn’t get him, some people write him off as ‘only being good cos he played on a flank’.!

This is largely true though when talking about Stephenson in relation to LDU. While obviously flankers are people too and playing well doesn't mean any less because you're on a flank, a significant part of why Stephenson was good straight away was that he had the physical attributes and experience necessary to play a role that's well suited for a teenager.

LDU has spent his entire life playing as a dominant inside mid, meaning that he has no other tricks to fall back on. Once he gets his body right to play that position he is going to be an absolute gem, but until then the guys who were drafted with other skills (Stephenson, Cerra, Rayner etc) will be well ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second-year player Luke Davies-Uniacke was a force to be reckoned with, using his composure and agility to weave his way through traffic and get the ball into space.

300119_G7.jpg

This is largely true though when talking about Stephenson in relation to LDU. While obviously flankers are people too and playing well doesn't mean any less because you're on a flank, a significant part of why Stephenson was good straight away was that he had the physical attributes and experience necessary to play a role that's well suited for a teenager.

LDU has spent his entire life playing as a dominant inside mid, meaning that he has no other tricks to fall back on. Once he gets his body right to play that position he is going to be an absolute gem, but until then the guys who were drafted with other skills (Stephenson, Cerra, Rayner etc) will be well ahead of him.

Don't think LDU will ever be better than Rayner. That's not a knock on LDU because Rayner is going to be a beast.

Don't think LDU will ever be better than Rayner. That's not a knock on LDU because Rayner is going to be a beast.

Really? What if Rayner doesn’t have the genes to get a big enough tank to play as a mid? He hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’ll be able to build into that type. He’s a beast, but more a Jesse Stringer type then a genuine mid. LDU was perfect for North. A genuine mid with class, pace & (cringe) X factor

Really? What if Rayner doesn’t have the genes to get a big enough tank to play as a mid? He hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’ll be able to build into that type. He’s a beast, but more a Jesse Stringer type then a genuine mid. LDU was perfect for North. A genuine mid with class, pace & (cringe) X factor
Jesse Stringer is so different. He's an X-factor player that relies solely on the fact that he doesn't exist to perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back