Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

OJ091219MW2517.JPG

Will Hayward
Spritely Sydney Swans forward Will Hayward enjoyed a rocketing start to his career as he became the 11th-youngest player in the AFL era to reach 50 career goals in 2018. The 2016 draftee’s nippy pace and cunning goal awareness have made him a dangerous option in coach John Longmire’s forward line. A broken jaw and a persistent hip injury limited Hayward to just 12 goals in 13 senior games in 2019, but the South Australian is attacking the 2020 campaign on the back of his first full pre-season. Don’t be surprised if the exciting Swan finds himself on a wing this year.

Will Hayward
DOB: 26 October 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #21, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Walkerville (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

See this is why im so bemused at the calls weekly to get rid of him why?
No idea. You can't have a full list of a-graders on your list due to salary cap.... Hayward is completely fine as a squad player that plays his role. He does have his bad games, but what player doesn't? We'd be mad to let him go

See this is why im so bemused at the calls weekly to get rid of him why?
What in the hell? 🤔
I'm sorry. Did you see him spoil McDonald's mark in the first?
Did you see him volleyball the handball away when him and another player we're running into an open goal?

Hayward is an absolute liability.

Only reason he's been let off the hook is because we won. He's a quintessential passenger playing in a damn good team.

If the game was on the line against a really good side, make or break, those brainfade moments would have cost us. We saw it 3 or 4 times last year where Hayward missing set shots single handedly lost us games.

I cannot believe people are still defending him. He should be the first player dropped to make way for Adams, Parker and Mills.

Bugger his forward pressure game. We have more than enough good pressure players who can actually do other things.

What in the hell? 🤔
Did you see him volleyball the handball away when him and another player we're running into an open goal?

Only reason he's been let off the hook is because we won. He's a quintessential passenger playing in a damn good team.

If the game was on the line against a really good side, make or break, those brainfade moments would have cost us. We saw it 3 or 4 times last year where Hayward missing set shots single handedly lost us games.

I cannot believe people are still defending him. He should be the first player dropped to make way for Adams, Parker and Mills.

Bugger his forward pressure game. We have more than enough good pressure players who can actually do other things.

He was average v the pies, but you must have missed the dees game?

What in the hell? 🤔

Bailey Fritch had seven disposals, 3 tackles and kicked 3 behinds.
It's the life of the hff.

The trouble is that he misses the set shots , but he was okay tonight .
Will get traded

Melican Stk
Hayward trade
cox next coach announcement

breaking a lot of news

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was Schindler's last night after that .
Melican fit is one of the 1st picked.
Hayward more chance than Florent to get traded

Last night you said he will get traded and no one denied Melican is best 22, I am just calling bs on the St Kilda thing

Hayward has never been a huge ball-winner and never will be so I really like that the coaching staff have decided to maximise his strengths by releasing him from having to gut run up and back all over the ground and solidify him as a deep forward/tackling goal-kicker. He's winning a little less ball than he has in recent seasons but he's kicking more goals and landing more tackles so far this year too. Great coaching decision imo and Hayward is executing his role well so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back