Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

Remove this Banner Ad

stopped play, intentional punch to the face, low impact, clear 1 week

if he doesn't get a week everyone should appeal, everyone!!!
Definitely a week.

Notwithstanding the "Gary Ablett can do whatever the **** he likes" rule currently in place at AFL HQ.

Ah. Gaz says it’s just a free kick and not worthy of anything more. Nothing to worry about guys. :thumbsu:

What would you expect him to say, seriously? He can't trot out the tried and true coach's "I didn't see the incident" line.

He'll probably get a week and it will be deserved. He may get lucky and get off for insufficient force, I seriously doubt it though.

In all honesty, the first time he came under scrutiny was strange...it didn't look good and he could have easily been suspended for it. The second one on Wright, I thought there was nothing in that, it only became a topic because of what had happened the week before.

Tonight's one? You can't do that. Deserves a week. Of course, there's a fair chance Geelong was looking at an Ablett/Danger straight swap anyway, so possibly has no bearing on next week's side. He'd want to stop doing it though.

Intentional, head high, low impact - 1 week

Intentional, head high, not enough force - nothing

It can't not be the first 2, as it was a break in play and the act of striking in a break in play is specifically mentioned in the guidelines as conclusive evidence that the strike was intentional (besides the obvious that he looked at him and punched him, but just to further prove it).
And it got him in the jaw, it was head high.

But Miles didn't go to ground so there is an argument for the not enough force. Will be interesting to see. At the very least Ablett can stop sooking about his new found reputation surely - how can he possibly argue this one wasn't meant.
Miles not going down should have nothing to do with it. If the afl is serious about stamping this out it should be graded alongside the gaff hit. Who knows how much force ablett put in or how hard miles head is. Had miles ducked down a bit or had a bit softer jaw he could have been out.

Afl won't though, best we can hope for is 2 weeks but probably 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not in play this time so that goes against him. AFL360 will be fun to watch, Gerard defending his boy while Robbo loses his ****.
Whateley fell in love with a horse, so I take his opinions with a grain of salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back