Absolute ****ing ticketing fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just about to go off my ****ing head here. I've been trying for 2 days straight to get through to ticketek to get a ticket for Saturday and they have been engaged all day.

I am unable to get to an office as i'm out of town and they are not selling tickets to members over the net.

What an absolute pain in the arse. It's a rubbish system. Basically 20 thousand members and Carlton supporters all ringing the one system to get a ticket in the same seat we have been sitting in all year.

Why can't we go through the club as well?

Now I have to fight thousands more tomorrow over the net to try and get a ticket when they open it up to the general public.

So pissed right now.

Ticketek have extended their hours for tonight only, they will be open until 9pm, so keep on trying to phone until then. Good luck dude.

Your welcome dude, dad wasted half his working day yesterday trying to get him and I tickets. So annoying, at least for my dad anyways lol.

Just about to go off my ****ing head here. I've been trying for 2 days straight to get through to ticketek to get a ticket for Saturday and they have been engaged all day.

I am unable to get to an office as i'm out of town and they are not selling tickets to members over the net.

What an absolute pain in the arse. It's a rubbish system. Basically 20 thousand members and Carlton supporters all ringing the one system to get a ticket in the same seat we have been sitting in all year.

Why can't we go through the club as well?

Now I have to fight thousands more tomorrow over the net to try and get a ticket when they open it up to the general public.

So pissed right now.

Ticketmaster has got ours here in Adelaide, and they have ****ed it right up as well....they forgot to put a bar code system in for a particular type of family season ticket membership to those who had them in the year, so everyone who has heard about it has purchased tickets before the general public has gone for sale, without having the membership.......nothing too bad from the online and phone sales from what ive heard, but apparently the lines are disgusting 4+ hours in some examples cause of a slow system.....pretty poor effort from the AFL :mad:

Update from the club.

Dear Members

As you are probably aware, this Saturday night's Elimination Final against Carlton at the Gabba is an official 'AFL Event' NOT a Brisbane Lions fixture so all ticketing, pricing and seat access is controlled by the AFL who are using Ticketek to process their sales for our match.

However, to support our loyal members the Club has the following information update:

1. We understand that members are having difficulties accessing tickets during this membership priority period that finishes at 5pm today (Tuesday 1 September). The AFL has been monitoring the situation closely but despite having 80 sellers there have still been delays because of demand for our game, the MCG game and other events that are currently on sale. In response, Ticketek extended their trading hours from 5pm to 9pm last night (Monday) and will do the same again tonight (Tuesday).

2. Lions members are the only Club members that the AFL allows to purchase their reserved seats which they held during the regular season. This is why ticket sales are not available online via Ticketek so this 'seat protection' can occur. It would be much faster to remove this restriction and process these tickets on a 'best available' basis. However, the AFL understands that members wish to purchase their own seats as they did during our Finals appearances from 2001-2004 and therefore they allow this slower 'safeguard' to occur.

3. To assist, the Brisbane Lions Membership Department will remain open until 7pm this evening and can be telephoned on 07 3335 1777 should any members have difficulty accessing their seat prior to 5pm today through Ticketek.

4. The Club will also endeavour to call Lions members who haven't purchased their seats by 5pm (from Gold members onwards) that we think is unusual for them not to have purchased a Finals ticket.

5. The Lions are also hosting six Ticketek windows until 5pm right here at the Gabba at Gate 2 on Stanley Street (corner of Main Street) which currently have minimal queues so please come on down in person.

good response from the club, we got tickets on monday, but it is a great initiative to ring members who haven't collected tickets. hope you get yours sorted warwick.

i was really suprised that i could get pretty decent tickets at around 12 online today, hope you all had luck today, should be a sell out :thumbsu:

Hey Warwick I had exactly the same problems as you describe, engaged for 2 days straight. I phoned this morning at 9 and got through this time and to my amazement was still able to get front row in section 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After waiting an hour and a half on the phone yesterday I got my ticket:thumbsu: I tell you what though, I was ready to smash the phone after 30 minutes

Its certainly been a bit of a mess. The AFL also decided to recategorise seating for the final, so any standard or prime seats during the regular season are now premium for the final (in fact, most of the ground is now premium). Of course, they neglected to mention this in the emails they sent to season ticket holders.

Diehard fans will pay whatever, but it sure feels like profiteering to put the whole ground into the highest price bracket.

Its certainly been a bit of a mess. The AFL also decided to recategorise seating for the final, so any standard or prime seats during the regular season are now premium for the final (in fact, most of the ground is now premium). Of course, they neglected to mention this in the emails they sent to season ticket holders.

Wha? My membership seats are standard and we got charged standard price for the final.

We had the same problem (me n Dad). Dad ended up calling the club and the lady he spoke to said that if you are a member you are guarenteed your seat IF you call the club. Because everyone is having probs if you call the club she was talking about the club doing some sort of bulk purchase from ticketek for the members that couldnt get through.

hope this helps..

(me n Dad)

Javed_Miandad.jpg

:D

Wha? My membership seats are standard and we got charged standard price for the final.

Hmm my seat is premium and I got charged prime. Might have to make a phone call tomorrow. :confused:

Oops - the other way round... lol seat is prime, got charged premium

At least you've got a chance to see the game live!!!

We'll probably have to put up with it being delayed down here.

The only good thing about it being delayed is that i can stop off after going to the Bulldogs vs Cats game and pick up some XXXX and watch it at home.

I also had problems on Tuesday getting tickets for the Bulldogs vs Cats game. It took Ticketek 1 hour and 45 minutes to serve the 45 people in front of me ... a frickin' joke.

Ticketek...total joke.

I started ringing at 11am on Monday.....for hours on end........I got totally pissed of with the "NUMBER BUSY.......DISCONNECTED" message my mobile phone kept giving me.

About 4.30 pm , I finally got through to the automated voice who told me "due to a "major event"....we are experiencing delays and you can expect a delay of........."TEN MINUTES"

Oh well, I thought.....having actually hacked into their impenetrable security wall, I'm going to stick it out and hang on

After listening to the most irritating mind-numbing "music" ever to inflict the planet, eventually (after 45 MINUTES!!) ....a voice said......"Ticketek....how can I help you?

ALLELUIA!!!....YESS!!!!....thank GOD!!!

"I want to buy my own seats for the Lions Carlton game this Saturday!!!"

"Are you a Lions member or a Carlton member?"

"I'm a Lions member".......

....then the climax.............

.............."CLICK!!!....BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

No wonder I had to invest in a new mobile phone the next day.

TICKETEK.....you suck:thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown::mad:

May the fleas of ten thousand camels infest your nether regions!

Having got that of my chest, I can at least say that my quest for my tickets had a happy ending.

Yesterday(Tuesday), after another 226 failed attempts at making contact with the alien world known as 132849, I came to my senses and drove to a Ticketek agency at Annerley (WOW Sight & Sound)

Walked straight in, gave the guy behind the counter my membership details and hey presto!!...tickets in my hot little hand within 2 minutes.

Could have saved myself a new mobile, a stomach ulcer and 7000 years worth of swearing and profanities, if only I'd done that in the first place.:eek:

Yep, Ticketek outlets at WOW are great. There's a few of them around, and there aren't long queues waiting for tickets. Got mine after 10min...only because I had to wait 9min for the bloke in front of me to get his DVD player sorted...

Update from the club.

WTF how come vlad has one rule for lions members and one for everyone else. The GABBA should be treated the same as every other final venue with respect to ticketing arrangements for club members. Anyway good to see it wasnt only blues supporters stuffed around by ticketek sounds like it has been a cockup for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back