Adam Kingsley appointed GWS coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Leppitsch and Rutten are both failed senior coaches.

Macrae hasn't even coached a full season, so who knows.

So of the 2 we can judge, they're not any good.

Pretty simple I'd have thought.
Leppitsch failed as a senior coach before he arrived. What he did for us and seems to be at Collingwood is top shelf. Won't find a better assistant. Macrae should be coach of the year...

If that's the case, I'd argue that you can win Coach of the Year and still not be a good coach.

Rutten coached Essendon from about 6 wins, to finals in his first year.

Interestingly, when Essendon made the 8 two years earlier, they had a % in the 90s!

As it turned out, that was a better indication of their performance that season than making the finals.

Not saying the same will happen to Collingwood and Macrae, but after only 22 games and with such a low %, the jury is surely still out.
My read on that was Essendon had been failing to meet expectations prior, not that Rutten had gotten them rolling.

But I digress. The proof will be in the pudding. One season down, and it's been a mighty success.

Yeah there must be something up with him. Some sort of flaw or maybe he is just bad at interviewing.

Hopefully it’s not a case of Yze being infected with the Suma curse.

Nah, Suma was never numero uno in the recruiting talk.

Leppitsch failed as a senior coach before he arrived. What he did for us and seems to be at Collingwood is top shelf. Won't find a better assistant. Macrae should be coach of the year...

Couldn't agree more. I hope he never leaves us. Of course, he will... Such is the industry. But we'll enjoy him while we have him.

And its not over yet !!

Im Expecting Teague to get the Bombers job
Probably the only ex senior coach that would be crazy enough to take the gig.

Can't see Pyke or Ross the Boss being interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally, good news.
Quietly done too. I like that.
Fingers crossed for 2023.

I think coach of the year is mostly dictated by outcome vs pre-season consensus expectation. McRae is far and away doing the best in that regard, and it's not particularly close.
It is one of the easier industry awards to do based on outcome and thats why it's probably my favourite. They seem to be quite deserving winners, particularly recent years, going to side that climbed furthest up the ladder.

I think on average there's one team from outside the top 8 in the previous year that stuns the footy world and makes the top 4 (while conversely there's a top 4 team that crashes and burns to take their place outside the 8), and this year that was Collingwood.

Yeah there must be something up with him. Some sort of flaw or maybe he is just bad at interviewing.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great appointment did his apprenticeship and reckon his the tuff nut gws need to turn it around all the previous coaches we're to nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back