Adelaide Crows New Logo Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I've just been looking back in the thread for any requests that I missed, and one key one was the shape of the shield.
Here's a comparison, I still personally prefer the curved shield.
Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 8.36.28 pm.png
Just a side note; I'm still working at getting the tail feathers 'right' as per some requests, but it's not quite happening. Will give it a bit more effort but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Sorry.

Ok, I've just been looking back in the thread for any requests that I missed, and one key one was the shape of the shield.
View attachment 472329
Just a side note; I'm still working at getting the tail feathers 'right' as per some requests, but it's not quite happening. Will give it a bit more effort but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Sorry.

Black Crow, Yellow eyes, Curved shield. I'd love to see some different tails, but I don't hate the current one.

so bear with me this might be a bit long but it might be worth it.

Firstly the Adelaide football clubs marketing department and branding divisions have done an awful job with how they present the team, and the only thing that has saved them is how inept the rest of league is. Now I know this is like flogging a dead horse but the current disembodied, flaccid phallic beaked crow logo is an abomination. It doesn't present well, it droops over the already dated writing, no self respecting person with any fashion sense would want to wear it outside of game day and most importantly it represents nothing.

This is why I propose to move away from cartoony logos and instead brace a clean distinct logo that represents the club and team ethos, and if you have to keep something for the kids bring back the old 90's crow.
So the logo I have in mind would be something like the image below, with a very basic and timeless font simply saying Adelaide Football Club. no need for circa or established, just simple and clean.

By having a simple logo you can then work with the merchandise department to make really good fan gear that people want to wear. A great example of this is the Lyon football club. they have taken their simple logo and branded clothes that are stylish sweat-capuche-zne-noir-2017-18.jpg polo-ol-2017-18.jpg , fashionable and appeal to a large audience. Also I found it interesting how Lyon used their colour scheme on their clothes. Lyon has similar colours to the Crows yet they don't beat you over the head with garish colour schemes, for example on their white polo shirts they have the sleeves with a red and blue band, its simple and restrained but it is there polo-une-seule-passion-homme-blanc.jpg . also they carry oxford shirts with Lyon's classic lion emblem chemise-oxford-bleue.jpg , could you imagine wearing a shirt with the current crows logo to work.
Anywho I really feel the club needs to step up their game and they only way they can do that is by actually hiring a group of people with vision not just lackadaisical designers who gave up on life 20 years ago. drawing-sketch-flying-black-crow-white-background-86273037.jpg

View attachment 472329
I saw your design on the footy jumpers board and I'd like to give some feedback. I think that if you do go for the curved shield, then you need to curve the type along with it to prevent it from looking from looking like an afterthought.
I'd also ditch the white line inside the shield give the stroke around the crow some real weight, this will give it that real punch that it is missing at the moment. I've done a rushed job using an old shield logo I was working on and the DFB eagle in the absence of a decent crow in the same style to show what I'm talking about:
0OSdY8e.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw your design on the footy jumpers board and I'd like to give some feedback. I think that if you do go for the curved shield, then you need to curve the type along with it to prevent it from looking from looking like an afterthought.
I'd also ditch the white line inside the shield give the stroke around the crow some real weight, this will give it that real punch that it is missing at the moment. I've done a rushed job using an old shield logo I was working on and the DFB eagle in the absence of a decent crow in the same style to show what I'm talking about:
0OSdY8e.png
That bears a resemblance to the 3rd Reich's logo

Just stumbled across this thread and had to comment... superb work!! They all look great but somehow the final curved one with the navy crow just looks the biz.

How will it look on a navy blue background, does it need a white boarder around the outside instead of the inner one?

0OSdY8e.png
Thanks Fancyscum, really appreciate the feedback - will have a play around with the design changes that you have mentioned. A fair few different ideas have been posted here to differing levels of approval, which has lead to the design which was posted on the FJGD board.

Just stumbled across this thread and had to comment... superb work!! They all look great but somehow the final curved one with the navy crow just looks the biz.

How will it look on a navy blue background, does it need a white boarder around the outside instead of the inner one?
Thanks ChinaCrow! To be presented on a navy background would involve some design alterations for the shield... good point.

Thanks Fancyscum, really appreciate the feedback - will have a play around with the design changes that you have mentioned. A fair few different ideas have been posted here to differing levels of approval, which has lead to the design which was posted on the FJGD board.
I actually think the no white border like this does work as long as the blue border isn’t too thick

Hi guys, just some updated versions based on today's ideas.
BTW love your ideas Canuck_Crow, I'm just a bit too far down this rabbit hole to change focus now. I do think that the crow icon alone on this design could be used on merch (or even a guernsey... should the need ever arise):
View attachment 472777
For a guernsey the crow on the chest with 3 hoops coming off either side (tip of wing to tip of tail) would look strong. Leaving between the wings like a V

Remove this Banner Ad

Back